Chapter 22

"T Tristan!" Val said, surprised.

"Hello deary." Tristan said, smiling. "Y'know, if you're gonna ask, I'm supposed to check on you, now and then."

"Oh." Val said, nodding. Then looked down at Jeff, a small frown growing. "Is he ok?"

"Why do you care?" Tristan asked, dropping the pan, making Val wince at the clattering sound. "Do you like him?"

Val had mixed feelings about it, a small blush appearing. "I don't know."

"Well, it's alright. He wouldn't die from something as small as that." Tristan said.

Val nodded, waiting until the man would either go away or take Jeff.

"Personally, I think Jeff is an a$$hole, even if I'm not the only one who thinks that." Tristan said, his smile getting wider. "An annoying prick who, obviously, is the perfect suspect for your death."

What?

"Excuse me?" Val asked, wondering if she heard that right.

"Well, lemme explain this." Tristan said, sitting on a chair. "Jeff has this thing where he gets awfully obsessive. It's quite obvious to anyone at the mansion that your the target, and he'd likely get mad if he doesn't get what he wants.

"Or, he'd get extremely frustrated, wondering why he has, quote 'feelings.' And the worse to happen in either of these situations, is you die." Tristan finished, a satisfied look in his eyes. Then, getting up, he walked over to Jeff and dug out a knife.

"This'll do." He murmured, standing straight.

"Wh what'll do?" Val asked, feeling uneasy.

Tristan didn't answer, testing the knife tip, seeming satisfied when a line of red bled down his finger, and looked at her.

"What are you doing?" Val asked again, taking a step back.

"Sorry deary." Tristan said, walking over to her. "Nothing personal. I just need for Jeff to die."

"What do you mean?" Val demanded, nervously staring at the knife.

"Jacky usually thinks before acting-" Tristan started, but paused, raising a brow. "Are you trying to get me to monologue? Hope that your dad'll come? Or are you just curious?"

"I'm curious." Val said.

"Oh, well, it's not like EJ'll be here any time soon." Tristan chuckled. "As I am saying, once he sees your lifeless body, he'll go berserk, enraged that the last of his, let's say, family has been killed by Jeff, who already had killed your mother.

"Poor dear, I did like Caitlyn." Tristan said, a small frown replacing his grin. "You should've died that night, to Jeff, before he got attached."

"Sh should've?" Val asked, more of a whisper.

"It's really hard to lead someone to where I wish, I don't like it when my efforts are wasted." Tristan said, his eyes darkening. "Now, come here and die."

Val, instinctively, ran for her room, managing to surprise Tristan and shut her door. She sighed in relief, but screamed when the door burst a bit, but didn't open completely.

"Valentine, don't make this hard." Tristan growled, giving another shove to the door.

"Why do you want Jeff dead?" Val asked, trying her best to keep it closed, failing slowly.

"Because he irritates me." Tristan answered, smiling when he managed to keep it open. "I'd rather it be Masky, that annoying bastard, but he's too much of a obedient dog to Slender, he wouldn't venture into that area unless Slender ordered it."

With a grunt, Tristan got it open, watching Val fall to the floor.

"Just... Why? Why me?" Val asked, crawling onto her bed.

"If Jeff and EJ were to fight, it's obvious Jacky would win." Tristan said, nodding logically. "But the cannibal wouldn't do something as reckless as killing him, unless he's provoked or angered. Losing his family would be sufficient."

He got closer, making Val lose any reasonable thoughts, and she gave a cry, shoving into Tristan's chest and making him stagger. Without thinking, she grabbed the knife and shoved it deep into his side, making him yell in pain.

"The... the hell?"

Val looked up and saw Jeff, confused, and ran to him, tugging on his sleeve. "We, we gotta go. Now!"

Jeff, his head aching too much, followed without complaint.

_______________

Ooooooh!

I feel kinda disappointed in this chapter though. I thought of this long time ago, and now that I've done it, it seems too rushed.

Fact, when I thought of this, for some reason, the setting was at a cliff. But the house seemed better... ish.

Who knew Tristan was bad news? Eh? Eeeehhhhh?

Vote and Comment!