Chapter 10

"Do you have any dresses?" Peri asked, brushing her hair. It seemed difficult with how long it was.

"Mmno." Val said.

"I don't have any your size." Jane said, fingering the hem of her black and blue hoodie. "And all Sally has is pink, do you wanna wear pink?"

Val shook her head. Blue and dark colors were her "style" like Trendy said when they passed each other.

"My mom had a few." She admitted, remembering she used to see them in the closest when they played hide and seek. "And right now, we're about the same size, or was." She frowned.

"Welcome to the Jeff-Ruined-My-Life club?" Jane said, an awkward smile forming. "No?"

Val let out a chuckle.

"Well, let's go there then." Peri said.

"Nno." Val said, stiffening. "My dad won't like it."

"Just a quickie. In and out, simple." Peri said. "And I have a shortcut out, I think."

"You think?"

"I never explored that part yet, I'm gonna hope it isn't a way to the laundry room. Almost a third of them lead to that room." Peri said.

Jane sighed, facepalming. "Look, EJ trusts me, sort of. I'll keep an eye on you." She said, putting her hand on her shoulder.

Val bit her lip. "O...Kay?" She relented, more like a question. It was good enough for them.

(Timeskip through small tunnels in the mansion.)

"Ok, I took the wrong turn, it was to the right, not the left or straight ahead." Peri said, smiling. "The laundry room is a big room. So many bloodied hoodies though."

"Jeff's." Jane grumbled.

Val felt like hyperventilating. This felt like disobeying. Or breaking rules. Both? She never does that! The last time...

"C'mon, where to?"

"W we walked t this way." She stuttered, pointing.

"Great."

(Another timeskip, unless you want info on how the walk is going. No drama)

Val looked at the mossy door, pushing it open.

Home.

"What a mess." Peri commented, dragging a finger through the moss. "Worse than my home." Then she tensed, remembering something.

"C'mon." Jane said, walking in. "Which closet?"

Val went to the room. That was her mom's room. Her mother and father never shared a room, he had slept in a different one.

She went to the closet and opened it, seeing the three dresses; Bright red, golden, and dusky blue.

She grabbed for the hanger and squeaked when something fell on her head.

"C'mon, Val." Peri called.

Rubbing her head, she picked up the, book? A pale golden cover with the sparkly, blue words, "My Diary". Her mother's?

Hearing another call, more hurried, she quickly grabbed a dress, the dark one, and hurried out, yelping when she bumped into a firm chest.

"busted." Peri whispered.

"What are you doing here, out of the mansion, Valentine?" Her father's husky voice growled.

________________

Oooh! Drama-ish...? Idk. How y'all doing? I'm pretty good, parents are in Anchorage, brothers out, and I'm watching Hotel Transylvania, 1 and 2.

Vote and Comment.