Chapter 13

Just as she began to read half a sentence, with ridiculously long words that she didn't know, the door slammed open, and the book went into her pillowcase.

"Val! You didn't tell us your birthday was supposed to be two days ago!!?" Peri burst in.

Val flinched. Birthday? What day was it?

"Goddangit. You're 18 now!" Peri cheered. Then gasped. "We need to do a belated birthday party!! What foods do you want? Fancy or casual? Balloons or ribbons?!"

"I'm t tired, dad told me to sleep, Peri." Val said, adding a yawn.

"Oh gosh, sorry." Peri apologized, even bowing a bit. "Tomorrow then, me and Sally and Jane can plan it. Kay? Goodnight."

After the door closed, the flashlight's, as she found out disappointed, batteries had died.

A frown formed, feeling a bit guilty for feeling annoyed at Peri's interruption.

Sighing, she leaned back and closed her eyes.

____

Golden rays shined on green grass, making dew sparkle. A comforting breeze filled Val, who felt unusually warm.

"Caaaitl-"

"No no no no, I'm Val, not Caitlyn." She said, sinking to her knees, not wanting to see those things again.

"What nonsense are you talking about? Silly girl" the woman chuckled.

"Go away, please." She whispered, digging her nails into her arm.

"Avenge me."

"I d don't want to, just leave!" She screamed, looking up, then was surprised at the sight of her mother.

Warm teal eyes glowed behind red locks, a soft smile on her lovely face.

"M mom." She whimpered, going forward to hug her.

"My dear girl," She said softly, Val feeling her chin on her head.

"Why won't you avenge us?"

She gasped and backed away, seeing the other woman.

"Val, kill that monster."

__

"Val, Val, Val, Val, Val, Val, wakie wakie!"

She suddenly got up, accidentally bumping foreheads with Peri, who groaned at the pain.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She apologized, tensing. She looked to her father's bed, seeing it empty. No wonder Peri would be in here so early.

"Nah, it's fine." Peri said, grinning. "Gotta get ready!"

"F for what?" Val asked, feeling under her pillow. Good, it's still there...

"The party, duh. Happy belated birthday party!"

"Okay." She said.

"Great, I'll get you when it's ready, wear something pretty!" Peri left quickly.

Val sighed, running her head and standing. Her mind going back to the dream. Why was this recurring so much? Why this nightmare?

And where could she get something pretty??

_______________

Eh, dunno any clever Author thing to say, so,

Vote and Comment!

Also, Peri's story, also love story with Splendy, is soon to come! I don't know when, but it'll get here!

Anyone interested in the heterochromatic woman? If so, Great! It'll be called, My Princess. It'll be mainly a love story, but sometime, it will delve into her backstory.

And I repeat, Vote and Comment!