We get to do all the things dad used to love doing and spend hours at the beach. Plus, Ashton will only be an hour away so I'll be able to see him whenever I want. Ella might even be flying down for a week or two.

It's going to be pretty epic.

The bells rings and we all jump at the chance to finish our last day of school. Ashton holds me back, a curious look on his face.

"What exactly do you two have planned?" He asks, pointing at Avery's retreating figure.

"Don't you worry about it right now, I'll tell you later." I promise him, hopeful that I'll have nothing but good news to share on our date tonight.

It takes a moment but he smiles, "Don't do anything too reckless."

Me, never.

*****

"Are you sure about this, Scar?"

Sage parks our car, not moving to unlock it. I nod my head reassuringly as I unbuckle my seat belt. "This needs to be done. You don't have to come with me."

I unlock the door and get out of the car, taking a moment to straighten my dress before walking up the driveway. I don't make it five steps before Sage scurries up next to me. We walk up to the door and knock on it twice, purposely hitting the glass. Seconds later, Avery appears on the other side, checking behind her before throwing the door open. She offers us both hugs before closing the door.

"Are you sure about this, cuz?" She asks me, sounding slightly afraid of what I have planned.

I smile at her, taking note of her more formal attire. Good, everyone's already here, I would hate to have to wait. "Absolutely."

And with that she leads the way to the formal living room.

Earl is sitting in his usual chair, a pipe held up to his lips. Edna reads a magazine, sipping on a martini. Karen and Robert sit on separate ends of the couch, facing away from each other while Conner sits awkwardly on his phone.

I offer him a wave and he grins back, ready for our conversation to begin. Once he learned Avery officially apologized he did the same, the twins accepted his apology after learning he was good at video games. Now their trio has become a quartet and the transition was certainly a lot smoother than ours.

"Avery, who was banging on our door?" Karen asks, not bothering to look up from her phone.

"That would be me, dear aunt." I say sweetly, enjoying the looks of shock on their faces as they finally notice me.

Edna even drops her magazine.

"Scarlett, what do you think your doing in our house?" Karen demands, eyeing me with distaste.

I don't crumble under her gaze, instead, I square my shoulders and take a step forward. She doesn't scare me anymore, not now that I know what a pathetic excuse of a mother she really is.

"Just here to pay my respects and offer a final goodbye, especially since you were so eager to wash your hands of us." I inform them.

Robert pales but his wife doesn't back down. "Get out, you're not our problem anymore."

I laugh, pulling an envelope out of my bag. "I'm certainly not, this envelope contains every penny you gave us these past two years. That way there's no business left unattended to. You owe us nothing and we certainly don't owe you a damn thing."

She refuses to take the envelope, snarling her lip. "I don't want my money back."

"Actually, it's mom's money. We had to use yours to survive but I figured she would've wanted me to pay you back." I tell her with poison dripping from my tongue.