60~ Colorful

"Summer is finally here!" Gabe cheers.

Zev looks up from his chemistry textbook, "Technically, we have one more exam then summer is here."

He flops back down in his chair, stuffing a fry in his mouth. "Why you got to kill my buzz like that man?"

I roll my eyes at his disappointment, glancing back down at my sketchbook. I've already taken my Lang exam but Ms. Miller is throwing an end of the year party to celebrate all our hard work.

Avery walks over and takes her new seat between Gabe and Ashton, offering everyone a small wave as she joins us. I can't help but admire what a difference these last two weeks have made.

After prom, Avery and I decided to start on a whole new slate. The Monday we got back to school she walked up to us at lunch and asked to sit down. I was so happy she actually decided to do it that I was at a loss for words. Then I became even more surprised when Stella pointed to the only empty seat left and told her to sit.

I'm not sure of everything she apologized to Stella for because it wasn't any of my business but they no longer hate each other. And that's enough for me.

It will be baby steps with Avery for a while but we'll get there eventually.

"What is everyone doing over break?" Zev asks, eating a tater tot.

"Helping dad find a new place to live." Ella offers, picking at her salad. Sage pulls her in for a hug.

Dave and Jane officially came clean to her last week and it wasn't a pretty sight. She spent two days hiding at our house before she would talk to either of them. It took a lot of convincing but she finally heard them out. This summer definitely won't be easy for her.

"We're going to South Korea to visit mom's family." Stella says to change the focus, smiling over at James.

"And I'm going with her." He adds, sounding genuinely excited to meet the rest of her family.

If he thought Kim was scary, boy does he have another thing coming. I've only met that side of the family once and that was more than enough.

"I'm just going with the flow." Gabe says, leaning back in his chair.

"What happened to your internship?" Avery asks.

Gabe blushes and I laugh. There won't be much going with the flow while he's working with Uncle John. He may be a player and a partier but Gabe is great with business.

"I'm doing that too." He admits, "What about you, Miss Model?"

Avery fidgets at his question. I watch the two interact with an inquisitive eye. They both agreed to be friends, claiming that the feelings were from middle school. For some reason I don't think that claim is as true for them as it is for me but I guess we'll just find out.

"I'm going to New York, hopefully to find a better management team." She says.

"What about your nose job?" Stella asks, genuinely interested.

Avery and I share a look, "I don't think that's happening anymore."

Fingers crossed.

"Well I'm going to Florida to visit my Abuela." Ashton says, pretending he didn't notice the look my cousin and I just shared.

"And we're going to Miami." Sage adds, a smile on his face.

That we are. Uncle John bought the tickets last week. He's building a hotel down there that needs his full attention and there's a baseball team that's interested in having Sage play for them. I think it's going to be a pretty good summer, even if Ms. Miller is coming with us.