49~ Satisfactory

I've checked the bag five times.

Everything they could need in case of an emergency is in there. A spare pair of Sterling's glasses, a brand new inhaler for Saffron, extra dosages of medication in case anyone losses theirs.

Sage pulls the bag from my hands, "Scarlett, it's only one night. I know exactly what to do if any emergency under the sun arises."

I open my mouth to protest but he turns me around and forces me up the stairs. "If you don't go get ready you won't be going to any concert."

I hurry up the stairs, he has a fair point.

*****

An hour later everyone arrives at my house. They're taking two cars, ours since it seats eight and James's truck since it's four wheel drive.

I hug Sterling and Silver, reminding them to make sure the girls don't run off and to make sure the older kids don't do anything too stupid.

Saffron jumps into my arms, demanding I carry her to the car even though she's getting too big for me to hold. "I love you, Scar, and don't you worry. I won't run off, even if I see a bear."

I tug on her braid, "Thank goodness, Squirt, if anything like that happens you run and get Sage."

She shrugs as I buckle her up. "Or I could scare it off."

I begin to panic again, that is the last thing she should do. Maybe those karate lessons were a mistake after all. That or being around Ashton, her confidence has skyrocketed these last few months.

I walk back to Sage, "Please, for the love of God, do not let her out of your sight."

He hugs me, "We will be fine."

I give him an incredulous look, "She threatened to fight a bear." He laughs, I punch his gut. "I'm serious."

So much could go wrong tonight and  we will be over an hour apart.

"Love you." He says, handing me off to Ashton, who wraps his arms around me. Keeping me from going to double check the cars gas level.

"They'll be fine." He whispers in my ear as everyone else says goodbye.

I relax a little, Sage is responsible and Zev is trained in CPR.

Gabe is the last one to get in a car, pausing right before he gets in James's truck. "Don't do anything I would do." He tells us, a suggestive smile on his face.

Thankfully Zev pulls him in, hitting his head before shutting the door. Best friends aren't always there to take your side. Ashton runs his hands up and down my arms as I watch them go, Sterling sticking his hand out the window to wave at me.

"You look nice." Ashton mumbles against my neck.

Despite the fact he's my boyfriend, I can't help but blush. I have on black jeans and a cream, cropped, off the shoulder shirt with billowy arms. My neck and stomach exposed for the world to see, and for him to touch.

"I hope you never stop doing that."

"Doing what?" I ask, fighting the shudder I get from his lips brushing against my skin.

"Getting flustered when I compliment you. It's one of my favorite things." His hands run over my sides, resting on my hips.

I roll my eyes, butterflies swarm within me as he rubs circles with his thumbs. Someone's very affectionate tonight. Just as I'm about to stop him to keep me from going insane  he kisses my jawline. Despite myself, I lean into him as he works his way down my neck. My heart rate picking up with each kiss.