||Secrets of Summer (Part 4)||

At lunch, I made my way outside where Kevin said the group would be seated. It was an awfully long walk to their table and all eyes were on me.

I finally made it and Archie was the only one at the table so far and he was practicing his guitar.

"You play?" I asked sitting down in front of him.

"A little" He said smiling at me.

"That looks like more then a little" I said referring to the song lyrics he had spread out in front of him.

"Oh," He hurriedly put the song away "that's nothing..."

I chuckled "So what's your story?" I asked him taking the drink out of my bag from earlier "I know the whole football player, lady killer thing...but who is Archie Andrews?"

"Lady killer huh? Who have you been talking to?" He laughed.

I shrugged "like I said before, I've dated a few guys like you...tall, athletic, dreamy eyes." We both laughed "but this music thing was a surprise...very refreshing" I said taking a sip of my drink.

"Well, I'm full of surprises" he said putting his guitar back in its case.

"I'm sure you are" I took another sip of my drink"ya know I'm really into music myself and I sing a little," I added smiling at him politely. Just then, Veronica and Kevin walked over to the table.

"Hey guys, what are you two talking about?" Veronica asked sitting down beside Archie, and Kevin beside me.

"Just Archie's music" I said smiling slightly.

"He's so good! You need to hear him sing sometime" she said reaching over and squeezing his hand. He smiled at her.

"Okay, so you two are dating" I stated matter of factly.

"Are we that obvious?" Veronica asked a small blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Definitely," I responded "how long have you been together?"

"About 6 months" she replied smiling wide at her boyfriend.

"Wow...that's pretty good," I said impressed.
"What about Betty and Jughead? They are obviously a couple" I asked treading lightly on the subject.

"Oh, they've been together about..." she thought about it "a year a guess?"

The two boys nodded in agreement.

I choked on my drink and started coughing "what?"

"Whoa...you okay there Y/n?" Veronica patted my back.

"Yeah that's just...not what I was expecting." I said after catching my breath.

I saw Betty and Jughead walking our way.

"I'm...I have to go I forgot I needed to go by the office to pick up a few more papers. I-I'll talk to you guys later." I said as I grabbed my tray and hurried off. Passing Jughead and Betty on the way. They both looked at me, concern written on both of their faces.

I finished the rest of lunch period in the library. Of course that is the one place that would be the easiest for me to find. I sat at the table pretending to read whatever book was in front of me, but I've read the same paragraph about 10 times now still unsure what it says.

They've been together for a year, which means...
Maybe Veronica is mistaken...
Maybe she just thought they had been together that long...

I sat back against the chair and looked around the room. It was practically empty aside from myself, the librarian, and a boy propped against a bookshelf reading. I watched him a bit longer, and he looked up meeting my gaze. A smirk formed on his lips, and he placed the book back in its spot on the shelf. I quickly looked away, and out of my peripheral vision I saw him approaching my table. He sat down in the seat to my left, and propped his head on his hand.