~Friends With Benefits (Part 3)~

I laid across my bed typing the ending of my research paper when the doorbell rang. I sighed before saving my progress, and folding it closed. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time on my phone. The doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming. I'm coming." I climbed off the bed, and stretched my arms behind me as I headed for the stairs. I yawned as I carefully jogged down them, the doorbell continuing to chime through the house. "Fuck's sake, I said I'm coming!" I yelled as I grabbed the doorknob and flung the door open.

I leaned on the door and put my hand on my hip as I narrowed my eyes at the person on my porch. Jughead stood there in the pouring down rain with a pout spread across his face. "Why are you here, Jug?" I demanded still mad at him for earlier.

"I came here to apologize...can I come in?" He said taking a step closer. I sighed and held the door open further so he could enter. I never could stay mad at him.

He stepped through the doorway and I closed it behind him. He took his beanie and jacket off and hung them up by the door to dry.

"Look y/n, I really am sorry. Just the thought of you with Archie drove me mad and I couldn't think straight. I lost my head for a minute there. You know I don't think you're a slut, You're my best friend." He said turning around to face me.

I crossed my arms nervously, "look Jug I think we need to have a talk about what is going on between us."

"Okay?" He said worry flashing across his face.

I motioned for him to sit down on the couch, and I sat down beside him. "We have been in each other's lives longer then I can remember..." I started, really dreading this conversation. "I don't want to lose you as my friend."

He looked at me confused "I don't understand y/n. You aren't going to lose me."

"Don't you see Jug? I already have. When we started this whole friends with benefits thing you promised me that if things started to go South we would end it..." I trailed off.

"Yeah? I meant that." He said running his hand through his slightly damp hair and ruffling it.

"I think we need to call it off." I told him blurting it out quickly.

"What? Why?" He asked, hurt and confusion spreading across his face.

"Because Jughead. You haven't been acting like yourself since it all started. It used to be so much simpler when we would hang out. Sex made things...complicated. I want MY Jughead back. The goofy, crazy, fun loving Jughead. I want the Jughead that made me fall for him. Not the jealous, overly assertive, asshole Jughead...." I admitted.

"Wait? You have feelings for me?" He asked kind of surprised.

I shrugged "yeah...I did before all of this started, which is why I was so hesitant...and why I want to end this now. I thought it'd clear up my feelings, but it didn't. And now..." I trailed off and ran a hand through my hair "I like Archie, too and things are just..." I cut of the end of my thought.

"Archie? Seriously y/n? One of the notorious play boys if Riverdale High is who've taken a liking to?" He scoffed. "The whole point of this arrangement was for us to find BETTER people to be with. Someone better for both of us. Hell, maybe we are supposed be with each other," He said looking up at me with worry in his eyes. "I thought I was falling in love with you before, but us being together reaffirmed my feelings for you, y/n. Forget about Archie and be with me!" He practically begged.

"Jug, I-" I thought of my next words carefully "if you had said all of this to me before...I would've said yes. But-" he put up his hand and cut me off.