•Snake Food (Part 2)•

⚠️Warning: slight verbal abuse!!⚠️

My eyes went wide at the revelation Jug had just revealed to me.

Jughead has feelings for me?

Since when?

Damn, his lips are so soft.

I kissed him back briefly before realizing what I was doing. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and pushed him away from me gently.

"No, Jughead...we can't do this-I can't do this"

"Y/n, look at me. Tell me you don't have feelings for me. Tell me you don't feel anything between us and I'll stop." He tried to pull me back to him.

"Jughead, please...don't do this...." I shoved on his chest lightly.

"Y/n...I love you. Look into my eyes and tell me you don't love me." He said pleading with me.

"Jughead...stop before you get hurt!" I covered my mouth with my hand quickly as it came out as more of a yell then I meant for it to.

He pulled away this time, realization flashing in his eyes. He took a few steps away from me.
"Fine, then I'm done, y/n."

"Done? What do you mean done?" I asked panic rising up inside me.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm not going to be the friend that sits by and watches you get treated like shit time and time again. I want to be more then friends with you, and if you can't make that step with me then I'm out. I can't be just friends with you anymore....I just can't."

"You don't mean that, Jug. Please don't do this."

"You've made your feelings perfectly clear, y/n." His eyes were glossed over slightly and I watched him as he swallowed the lump in his throat. "I've got to go." He tried to say, but it came out as more of a whisper. He turned on his heels and hurried out the front door.

I ran back out into the rain yelling after him "Jughead! No! Please! I need you!" But he was already gone.

**Few weeks later**

I was currently sitting in the student lounge reading a novel that ironically was about two best friends falling in love. I huffed and closed the book placing it back into my book bag. Jughead and I hadn't talked since that night, and neither had Reggie and I.

School had started back a week ago, and while Reggie has been busy with football, as usual, he has tried multiple times to talk to me, whether it be by text message, phone call, or in person. I have made no effort to return any of his calls or texts, and I was avoiding him in the hallways. I was still so angry with him and I wanted him to know it. 

I tapped my fingers on the table nervously as Jughead walked into the lounge with Betty, Archie, and Veronica in tow. They all sat down on the couches in the middle of the room and Jughead's eyes darted to mine briefly before looking away. I sighed and my heart dropped, I missed him so much.

I stood to my feet, collected my belongings, and tried to hurry out the door only to run into Reggie's chest as he was entering the lounge. I huffed and tried to move around him, but he grabbed me by my waist in one swift motion and pinned me between him and the wall.

"Let me go, Reggie." I demanded sternly.

"No, you've been avoiding me and I'm fucking sick of it, y/n."

I laughed in his face "you've got to be fucking joking!" I said looking him in the eyes.

"No, I'm not! You're my fucking girlfriend and you better start acting like it!" He spat back viciously.