Chapter 10

Courtney showed up to the show the next day. She was going to drag Kurt to this party and the guitarist wanted to drag the other two members with him. Just in case she'd ditch him to get drunk; because she has done that before.

The hours before the show were nice; Kurt got to relax in the hotel and write songs. The trio had all went out to a nice place to eat too, it always get great to hang out around the people you trusted and were closest with.

It felt great on stage too; the three were thankful for the cheering people in the crowd. Kurt was never able to put his finger on the people who didn't give two shits about their crowd. It made him furious in ways- people spending money just to see their favorite musicians and then them treating them like shit. Kurt always tried to be as active with his fans as possible, he responded to as much fan mail as he could and tried to meet them. His fans were genuine and he was able to start conversation with some of them. He admired the ones that didn't view him as just a member of a band but as a person too.

Courtney loved her image and she threw an attitude with fans at times. She was usually exhausted after her show or either eager to go party. Kurt didn't enjoy partying often, but he knew his girlfriend did.

After the show the first thing he was bombarded with was a huge kiss. In front of Dave who was next to him about to ask him something. Did she have any respect for people's space?

"Hey Courtney," Kurt pecked her on the cheek and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey Kurt, you ready to go?" She asked and played with strands of her frontman's hair.

"Sure, let's go, Dave and Krist are coming too by the way."

Courtney wanted to protest but Krist already showed up and the four had to make their way to the party. When they got there Courtney disappeared from his side in a matter of seconds. How can she leave that fast?

Kurt groaned and shoved his hands in his pockets. Krist started up conversation with some random girl and Dave chuckled gently.

"She left already?" He raised a brow and sat down at the bar.

"I'm guessing." He frowned and kinda wished she would be more interested in spending time with him, but at the same time less protective and needy.

"It's fine. I'll get us some drinks," Dave said in attempt to try to cheer up Kurt more. Kurt nodded and his blue eyes trailed over to Dave while he ordered them drinks.

Their conversation was fine while they drank. Dave wished he could have Kurt all to himself; he always seemed like a different person around him. Maybe not completely different, just the person he's not allowed to be around Courtney.

Seeing him laugh again made him relieved. His smile was beautiful, Dave knew he could make his member smile like that everyday if he was with him. However in the middle of their fun time Kurt's stomach started to hurt... it always had to hurt when he was not in pain!

"Hmm do you want to try eating something?" Dave offered.

"No, I don't think that'll help and plus I don't really have an appetite.." Kurt groaned and rest his head on his hand. Dave rubbed circles in his back because he was hurting badly.

Courtney stumbled over to them with a huge smirk on her face. She seemed intoxicated and almost fell on her face on the way over.

"Hey guys," She sounded dazed, she sounded like she was spacing out, "Kurt, babe come over here, I have something to show you! Get that fag off you," She muttered the last part.

Kurt gave her a dirty look.

"Don't fucking call him that!" He snapped and then crossed his arms, "And my stomach hurts, I don't feel like doing anything except going back to the hotel."

"How about we do that then?-"

Courtney cut Dave off.

"You'll forget about you stomach! Just come with me!"

Kurt hesitated but stood up from the stool and gave the brunette a apologetic look.

"Dave I'll be right back, after I see what this shit is," He chuckled and then followed Courtney who was gripping his hand tightly.

She took him to the bathrooms and a few unidentified people sat on the floor. The one thing that stood out to Kurt was the needles. Kurt knew what Courtney did. Many questions raced throughout his head at once; and the worst part was that Kurt didn't mind trying it. He was horrified with himself for even thinking that.

Seattle was known for heroin- Kurt was familiar with it, everyone was familiar with it and tons of people did it. Kurt just never did, or never think he'd do it. But actually seeing it made him want to do it once, he didn't think he'd get addicted.

"You.. shot up?" Kurt furrowed his brows, not knowing if Courtney had even done this before.

"Yes, now try it Kurt," Courtney growled and sat him down on the ground. She forcefully tied a band around his arm and handed him the needle.

Kurt felt nervous right there, was he positive he wanted to do this? He stared at it for about twenty seconds before he found his vein and rested the needle again it, just not yet injecting.

"Courtney.. I don't know-"

"You'll feel better! Kurt, it makes you feel amazing, trust me.." Courtney said and sat down next to him.

The image of them both doing this together entered Kurt's mind. Was he actually just about to shoot up? What if he got addicted? But the want of trying it entered his mind, it's not like he ever listened to people when they'd say never to try the drug.

They were doing great as a band though- why would he throw away the music for this? He took a deep sigh and rested his head against the dirty bathroom wall. He felt his hand holding the needle shaking and right as he was about to inject it, the door slammed open.

It was Dave, and a horrified look crossed his face.

"Kurt! What the hell are you doing?!"