Chapter 7

Kurt was limping the next day. His thin body was aching when he moved and there was no way he can preform like this! Picture how badly it will be to hold his guitar, or to scream. His stomach got irritated when he screamed, now with the outside pain as well that will only feel worse.

He still didn't know how he will hide this from his band members. When they see him in that pain they'll be concerned and jump to conclusions. Usually his eyes said a lot too: Kurt could hold as many secrets and keep as many emotions as he wanted to himself but his eyes were able to be read like a book.

Courtney acted like nothing happened and greeted him with that sweet and manipulative smile. That smile killed him looking at it, he seriously needed this escape.

Kurt left the house as quickly as he could; except the fact he was still in pain. What made it worse was that Krist and Dave questioned the limping and Kurt kept trying to make them shut up about it by saying it was nothing.

The interrogation stopped because the band mates knew they were getting nowhere with it. When they were in the middle of rehearsing Kurt dropped his pic and went to reach down to get it. The back of his shirt got exposed and it revealed a bruise that was on his back.

Krist and Dave exchanged worried looks and knew this was serious. They went ahead and let out sighs and spoke up.

"Kurt, what's that on your back?" Krist asked, the worried tone of voice definitely showing.

"What's on my back?" Kurt arched an eyebrow, pretending to not know there was anything on there.

"A huge bruise," Dave frowned, "Kurt, you know you can tell us anything, right?"

"I know that.." Kurt mumbled, shoving some his dirty blond pieces in front of his face, "Let's get back to rehearsing, we have a couple more songs we have to go through."

"Kurt, this is more important right now, please tell us. We don't want you to be in trouble." Krist set his bass aside and glanced right at Kurt to show he was serious and that he wasn't going to forget about this.

Dave set his drumsticks down and gave Kurt a hug. Krist joined in the hug too, making Kurt let out a sigh.

"Guys.... I'm fine, I promise," He groaned, tears starting to form in his broken blue eyes to contradict his words. Soon enough multiple tears rushed down his cheeks and he pulled away.

"I promise I'll tell you, but can this wait till later? I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

"Sure thing Kurt. But you have to tell us."

Kurt made an excuse after rehearsals to say that he had to change and take a shower before the show started. He will show up to the venue before the show started so they will have no time for questions.

The blond frontman actually did shower and change his clothes. Courtney pulled him in for a kiss afterwards when he was ready, biting at his bottom lip and Kurt allowing it to become a makeout session between the two.

"You're coming right home after the show, got that?" Courtney growled in his ear, "I don't want you around them again."

"Got it Court."

The show was great- the audience was wild and despite Kurt's stomach killing him from all his screaming he felt amazing. He forgot about his shitty relationship and remembered his love for music and why he did it on that stage. He let his hair fall in his face and let his mouth let out those truthful words he wanted people to listen to. He preferred them to interpret his words their own way.

Courtney was waiting for him backstage when the show was over. Dave knew she was waiting and wasn't going to allow Kurt to go back home with her. All he knew was that Kurt wasn't safe with her.

"Kurt, let's go, you're taking too long," The blonde girl quietly growled, taking ahold of his wrist harshly.

"Okay Courtney, let's go.."

Dave stopped them before the pair could fully walk off. The drummer shot a fake forced smile to Courtney.

"Hello Courtney, wasn't expecting to see you hear," Dave greeted, chewing at his gum and feeling more than annoyed with her presence.

"Hey Dave, Kurt and I are going home if you don't mind?" She snickered and dug her nails into Kurt's skin. Kurt sighed. He looked drained and depressed.

"Haven't you heard? Some of the other local bands are going out tonight, Kurt Krist and I are just going to join them. If you don't mind."

"He doesn't have to go-"

"Kurt's a grown man, let him make decisions will you?" Dave shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah I'd like to go actually." Kurt said very quietly and picked at his sleeve. He knew Courtney was giving him a murderous stare and gulped.

"Very well, see you later then, Kurt." She let go of his wrist and stormed away.

"Thanks Dave." Dave was pulled into a hug by the guitarist and Dave held him in close.

"You're welcome Kurty. Now you're going to tell me everything that's been going on."