Chapter 8

Kurt trembled and felt Dave begin to walk them to a more private area. He was holding his hand and stroking it to reassure the frontman.

"It's just... Courtney." Kurt frowned and let a few tears leave his eyes. Dave's thumb brushed against the fresh tears and sighed.

"I knew it. She's always so... possessive of you. It's unnatural and it's not normal. Kurt, you have to do something, you can't stay with her, I don't want her hurting you anymore! I don't understand why she's doing this to you! You're in pain all the time, she's putting you through too much and you need someone who won't! It's pissing me off she's even doing this to you to begin with!"

"Dave! Please relax.. It's alright. I know, I need to leave her but something keeps calling me back. Also I can't leave.. She'll kill me if I try."

Dave frowned and had a vision in his mind of how much of a hell hole it must've been for his friend.

"Then let me help you!" The brunette pleaded desperately, "I need you to be safe. You can even stay with me if you'd like, I don't know, but I don't want you being in that house, for me Kurt, please!"

Kurt shoved his hands into his pockets and kinda liked the idea of being safe and getting to stay with Dave. He liked being protected and most of all being away from Courtney. Sadly he still loved her even if it was killing him. There was something intense about the pain that made it worthwhile; and maybe all Kurt needed was a replacement or a wakeup call.

"We leave for tour in about 2 weeks, I'll stay with Courtney for the rest of that time and then she's gonna visit for a few of the shows. When I come back home then we can talk more about this, ok?"

"Okay.." Dave wanted to protest, but it was already enough what he was trying to get out of Kurt. This was progress and as pissed off as he was with Courtney, he couldn't lash out at her personally.. yet. The drummer sensed that Kurt still sickly loved that his blond counterpart. They had some distorted passion that Dave knew wasn't healthy but gave a thrill he never felt before.

"Hey, thanks Dave. A lot." Kurt planted a kiss on his cheek and moved his eyes so that they were down on the ground. It was the best way to thank his friend for the concern and wanting to help and Kurt overthought if it would be weird, but Dave let out a chuckle and lifted his chin up.

"Don't thank me, you know I care a lot about you. Krist does too and we only want you safe."

"Got it. It really means a lot to me, I wish I could tell you how much it means." Kurt grins and eventually they bump into Krist.

"Hey! Do you want to get drinks?" The bassist asks with a smile.

"Yeah we were planning on grabbing drinks too, let's go dude." Dave retorts and the trio make their way to a bar.

Kurt wouldn't say he was the heaviest drinker in the world, but at the moment it seemed as a great stress reliever. While the alcohol was in his system, it seemed to fool with his mind quite a bit. He tried to think about his life without Courtney- would he be able to do that? Would he be happier without her or want her back like crazy? Soon enough he thought about the future; how would he handle being married to her? Was that even what he wanted?

Courtney had brought it up a few times in conversation. Saying the kind of ring she wanted and how she wanted to be proposed. Where she'd like the honeymoon to be and their plans to have kids.

It stressed Kurt out a lot. He was having issues dating her alone, how would being married to her be? Suddenly Kurt felt weak and felt tears form in his eyes. He felt them drip and knew they were contagious and they were only going to keep on falling. He didn't want to be hurting like this, and he felt like this opportunity was calling for him. But he didn't know what it meant. He didn't know what this opportunity was and it killed him. He knew something great was coming for him but he didn't know how to reach it.

Kurt continued to drink and felt his stomach hurt from the alcohol. He was sensitive to certain things and he assumed alcohol was one of them. His eyes and his heart hurt just as much as the drinking and the pounding stomach.

The rest felt blurry. He remembered Dave rushing him to a bathroom to puke a shit ton. He also remembered gallons of tears leaving his eyes and making Dave's shirt soaking wet from all his crying. Dave was tipsy but not that drunk, his sweet soothing words and his fingers that ran through Kurt's dirty blond hair made a blush appear on his cheeks and a lovey feeling burst inside of him.

Kurt started having thoughts he shouldn't have had. Something seemed so great about Dave and Kurt couldn't put his finger on it. What was it trying to imply? He felt comfortable and in some real home around him, and he could smile and always depend on him. The best part is that the frontman knew Dave could never hurt him. That's what made this feeling expand even larger.

He wanted to feel this way around Courtney; he felt pleasured by it in a sick way but at the end of the day all Kurt wanted was love and he wanted Courtney to give him love the way Dave was giving it-

Wait Dave giving love?

What was he thinking? Dave didn't love him...

Or did he? Well Kurt was an open-minded guy, just doubted himself ever liking guys.

But the thought of Dave's love still made him feel positive and Kurt being positive was once in a blue moon. It was a feeling Kurt couldn't let go of until it served it's use.