Chapter 5

Kurt did end up hanging out with Dave after rehearsals- with Courtney coming along of course.

She already was drunk as hell before they arrived to Dave's place, Kurt sighed and hoped she'd be tolerable. He didn't want to get into another fight with her, he wanted it to be peaceful with them once again.

The blond rang the doorbell to his drummer friends apartment, giving a quick glance to the drunk Courtney. She caught his blue eyes on her and placed a rough smooch to his lips; a kiss Kurt wanted to escape before that door opened.

He returned the kiss when he felt her hand slide to his hair, liking the feeling of it because of how loved he felt. It was different compared to yesterday, anything beats getting hit by your 'lover'.

Dave opened the door while they were still kissing and a mixture of disgust and sadness were dumped on him. He felt disgusted because he doesn't really favor seeing people make out in front of him, and sad because he... liked Kurt. It hurt seeing him kiss someone so capable of hurting him and was sure already hurt him plenty times. He would be so much better to him, he'd prefer if that were him right then and there.

He debated on getting their attention or walking away to leave them to their moment, but Kurt had pulled away first and blushed embarrassedly.

"Oh h-hey Dave!" He smiled, giving him a hug to take his mind off the kiss he just witnessed, "Sorry about that.."

Dave chuckled, feeling the sadness rinse off already. The warm hug sure felt nice.

"Don't apologize, it's fine." If Kurt was his, he'd be kissing him like that all the time. But not in public... Who knows what people will think? They were the last peoole to care what the public thought of them, that was one of the points of what they did; everything they did was for themselves, they weren't trying to prove anything or to make themselves look superior to everyone else. All they wanted to do was release music and make them feel what they felt. But gays weren't accepted, they wouldn't be accepted. Picture being bashed and the amount of threats and hate they'd receive. It will be very difficult and a hard relationship to go through.

Courtney shot Dave a death glare at him hugging Kurt for too long. Kurt didn't want to let go! Dave would feel like a monster pulling Kurt off of him, the singer was finally happy and in good comfort, he wanted to stay this way. He looked too adorable.

Kurt noticed the glare Courtney gave his band mate and pulled away with a sad gleam in his eyes. She walked fully inside now, shutting the door behind them and making her way to the couch. She patted the space next to her, wanting Kurt next to her. She already was starting again, she already was hogging him up.

"Don't go near him unless I say, got that?"

Kurt furrowed his brows and let out a sigh.

"How come?" He shot back, finding it ridiculous she was being this possessive over him.

"I didn't like the way he was hugging you, and plus why should you be around him?"

"Courtney, take it down a notch! He's one of my closest friends, if he gives me a hug to say hello I don't see an issue with that. Can you stop worrying, you know I'm yours and I won't leave you."

"I don't know Kurt, you always seem like you want to leave me..." Courtney sadly retorted, trying to make Kurt feel guilty for what he said and listen and take her side on what she wanted him to do.

"Court that's ridiculous, I would never! Come on... Now's not the time for this."

"I'm being serious Kurt.."

Kurt could tell his girl was drunk and ignored it. Though he felt guilty; he did everything he can to be a great man to her, was he doing everything right? No, there was no harm in hugging your band mate and being mad when she was being possessive. Kurt only did what was right.

The good thing was that Courtney passed out on the couch right after saying that. Dave sighed in relief and got beers for both him and the front man.

"Looks like she's out, huh?" Dave chuckled, taking a seat on the other couch so Courtney could be comfy.

Kurt stood up and joined the brown-haired drummer on the other couch. He let out a relieved smile.

"Sure is, she drank quite a bit," Kurt replied and took a swig from his beer. He also lit up a cigarette while he was at it, the strong stench of it filling up the air of the apartment.

At some points during their hangout Dave would take these long glances at Kurt and admire his beauty. He was charming and his personality he grew to adore. Kurt really was amazing once he opened up to you and all Dave wished was that he could be this way all the time.

They'd joke around and laugh and nudge each other playfully on the arms. Everything was perfect till the conversation got serious once again.

"Why is it that I feel so much better around you?" Kurt had suddenly said. Those words made a blush rise to Dave's cheeks.

"What do you mean?... How do you feel around Courtney?"

Kurt looked scared. He quickly changed the direction of what he was going to say.

"Oh no its not about Courtney," He spoke, "All I'm trying to say is that I feel great hanging out around you. We should do this more often."

Dave wasn't at all convinced and wasn't going to drop it. But he wasn't going to push Kurt too far, he didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

"How do you feel around me?"

Kurt smiled.

"I feel great! I mean, we see each other basically all the time, but when we actually hang I feel happy. I feel more inspired and I don't feel lonely. I guess it's because you're one of my best friends."

Dave hugged Kurt because his words touched his heart. Kurt seemed surprised for a second but didn't hesitate to return the friendly hug, it felt natural and Kurt wouldn't mind doing this more often.

"Thanks Kurt, that made me happy to hear you feel that way."

Kurt blushed too at this point. He didn't know what was going on with him but some match lit up in his heart. An intense feeling of hope was there and he felt positive.

He embraced this positivity. The rest of their hangout was magic. Kurt was sure he smoked another pack, cigarettes easily go when you're in conversation and when you're actually having a good time.

Courtney woke up and she was the reason they had to leave.

"Kurt, we're going now." She growled tiredly and marched up from the couch to the door to wait for him.

Kurt frowned and gave Dave a hug goodbye.

"See you tomorrow, thanks for having me over."

They both blushed and Dave held him tightly.

"It's no problem, I'll see you tomorrow too. Drive home safely."

"I will."

When he left Dave felt like a giddy teenager, he felt closer to Kurt and hopefully the next day they can expand on that.