Chapter 26

It took a few days for things to slow down a tad. Harry has tweeted a few people and news sites that were making up lies or hating on Louis. Louis kept saying it didn't bother him, but Harry could tell that he was hurting just a bit.

"You okay?" Harry asked. He had woken up to an empty bed, finding Louis downstairs on the couch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just couldn't sleep," Louis said, wrapping a blanket around himself.

"You sure? I know things have been a bit overwhelming the past few days," Harry said, sitting down next to Louis.

"I'm sure," Louis said quietly.

Harry sighed, reaching out and turning Louis' head so he would look at him. "Louis, if you don't talk to me now, things won't get better. Please talk to me," He begged.

"It's still just all new for me. I'm not like upset or anything. I'm just trying to figure out how to handle it."

"You don't have to figure it out alone though. I went through this before when it all first started for me. I can help you."

"I know a lot of it doesn't matter, but how do you handle total strangers hating you?" Louis asked, turning towards Harry.

"You just have to remind yourself that they don't know you. They're letting their own emotions and beliefs get in the way. Whenever I'm having a hard time with it, I think about the people in my life. I think about the boys, my Mum, and my sister. They like me. They love me. They know who I truly am. People that say mean things about me, they don't actually know me. They have no idea what they're talking about."

Louis nodded, leaning over and resting his head in Harry's lap. "I was bullied a lot growing up," He said quietly. "I've had a long road trying to accept myself for who I am."

Harry reached out, letting his hand run through Louis' hair. "I'm sorry Louis. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not right now. I will tell you though, just not tonight."

"Want to go back to bed?"

Louis nodded. "You'll cuddle me again?"

"Princess will cuddle you," Harry smiled.

Louis smiled back, standing up and following Harry back upstairs into his bedroom. They settled back down into the bed, Louis curling up into Harry. "It'll blow over soon right?"

"Yeah, it will. People just need to get over the initial shock of it. I know it's hard, but also both of us posting more pictures will help them get used to it faster. Part of it all is showing that you don't care. That you're not going to let them affect your life and eventually more of them will go away."

"Okay. We can do this."

"We can do this. You'll talk to me though if it bothers you again right?"

Louis nodded, yawning. "Yeah. I'll talk to you. Thank you, Harry."

"You're welcome. Sleep tight Lou."

XX

A/N: Little reassurance for Louis. Still enjoying the story? Xx