Dancing with an Angel (Cas x Reader)

You wandered around the bunker, you lived here for almost three years now but every time you went for a walk you managed to find something new. A few months ago alone you found and old shooting range and a couple old offices with some books you and the boys never saw before. Sam and Dean were off on a hunt, it sounded like a vamp nest, small but vicious. You had been hunting nonstop for about a month and were completely drained so the boys said they'd take this one and let you recuperate for a couple of days. You were grateful to be friends with the Winchester brothers, they took you in when you had been hunting by yourself for over nine years, and they had become family. But one you had fallen for in particular, their best friend Castiel the angel.

Cas was your best friend as well, but you wanted more than anything to be more. Sadly him being an angel meant he couldn't love a mortal like yourself, even he he could it's not like he would love you. But it was just a nice thought, and every time you though of him your heart fluttered and your cheeks blushed. Every time he hugged you, you felt warm and protected, every time he smiled at you, you felt butterflies in your stomach, and every time you were upset he did everything he could to make you laugh and he always succeeded.

Lost in thought, you walked into a wall and banged your head. "Son of a bitch," you laughed gelding your nose which was bleeding just a little.

You continued walking, avoiding the walls, until you came upon a large metal door. It was marked with the Men of Letters symbol, as all other doors were, and was a gold-ish color. You tried the handle and it turned with ease then you shoved as hard as you could with your shoulder to open the ancient door. The room was dark so you flipped the switch to reveal a large room almost completely empty. There was a record player sat in the far corner with a stack of records laying beside it. There were also a few book shelves filled with old rations and journals. You walked over to the shelves and scanned the books, you'd have to tell the boys when the came back that you found more books. Your eyes then fell upon the old record player, it was dusty but in perfect condition. You walked over to it and blew away the dust, inhaling some of it in the process. Coughing you flipped through the records until you found one that you remember your grandfather always played when you were little. You slid out the record and set in on the player, placing the tone arm over the record and waiting to hear the music. It slowly started and you smiled as you took a step back and let the music play.

"I can't believe it works," you said to your self as you slowly began to dance around the room to the old song.

As you danced you began thinking of Cas again, you wondered if he had ever danced before. Your thoughts must have been extremely loud as the angel heard you and flew to the entrance of the room. You were too engrossed in the music to notice the angel watching your every move. He smiled, you were beautifully you slowly moved about the room to the toon of the song, more beautiful than he's ever seen you. He love you, ever since he first met you on that hunt three years ago, but he never told you how he felt too scared to be rejected.

Cas slowly approached you as your back was turned, suddenly you felt another presence in the room and wiped around to see him standing only a couple feet from you. You stumbled back and almost fell went he grabbed your arm.

"Jesus Christ Cas! You gave me a heart attack, what are you doing here anyways? Don't the boys need you?" You asked as he pulled you to stand.

"I heard you y/n, you were thinking about me, I thought you needed help." He stated, still holding your hand.

Shit! What did he hear?! Did he know how much you loved him and how him holding your hand was making your heart beat about a hundred miles an hour. He must have heard you thinking again because his cheeks turned a slight pink before squeezing your hand again.

"Cas, there's something I need to tell you, that is if you don't know already. I-I really like you Cas, I always have. But I never told you because I was terrified of what would happen after I told you. I know you're an angel and can't love a mortal like me because it would never work. I would age and you would stay your gorgeous self, eventually leaving because you wouldn't be able to handle the aging girl before you. I understand if you don't want to be friends any more-"

Before you could finish, Cas leaned in and placed his chapped yet warm lips on yours. You were in shock but eventually melted into his kiss, he pulled you close and you felt his wings wrap around you even if you couldn't see them. You both pulled away to catch your breath, looking into his baby blue eyes he smiled down at you; "y/n, I've love you for a very long time now, I watched over you as you grew and my love grew with you. I do not care that you are mortal, I will always love you and nothing can change that. I have loved you in your youth and I will love you in aging years just as much."

You felt a tear slide down your cheek as he whipped it away with the sleeve of his trench coat. You smiled and wrapped your arms around him, smiling into the crook of his neck.

"I love you Cas, now and forever," you said pulling away.

"I love you too y/n, for all eternity."

You held his hands as the song changed, you looked up at him and smiled, he grinned back and took his hands away from your grasp. He stood back and offered a hand; "care to dance love?"

AGHHH!! I loved this idea and I think it came together rather well, I hope you all enjoy it because I want to make more Cas x reader fanfics.
And I would just like to say thank you to my readers, I honestly didn't think anyone would read my stuff so it means a lot that some people out there are reading it.