Late Night Terrors (Dean x Reader)

It was 12:30 am in the bunker, you were in your room listening to some music and reading a favorite book, (favorite book). You loved reading, it was like an escape from the real world, one that has been hard on you and the ones you love, but it was still your life. and, honestly, you wouldn't have it any other way. You were chilling in your room and relaxing, unwinding from last hunt you had with the boys, it had gotten pretty scary there for a minute but you got it done. There was a pair of Wendigos in Forks, Oregon that were killing campers, so you and the guys went to check it out. Once you tracked them down in the forest, Dean said that you and him would pretend to be a couple camping to draw them out; well is worked, but not without consequences. The Wendigos came but took only you to their den, they knocked Dean unconscious and Sam was too late in getting to you; they did find you but by the time they did you were hobbling towards the entrance of the old mine but fell to your knees, almost unconscious from losing too much blood. You had a large gash across your upper chest, bruising around your arms and face and just a bunch of other lacerations all over your body. You told them what happened, that the chains you had been in were too big for your wrists so you managed to slip out easily, and when the creeps came back, you managed to shoot each one with a shot from your flare gun. Took them down no problem. The boys helped you up and Dean laid you down in the back of the impala. The ride home was quiet and every time you looked at Dean in the rear-view mirror, you could tell he was beating himself up inside. That was about a week ago, and Dean still wasn't acting right, even though you and Sam keep telling him it wasn't his fault.

You closed your book and stretched across the bed, still listening to your music, you had it cranked and were jamming out to Eye of the Tiger, Dean style. Just as the chorus came around again, you thought you had heard something, a scream? You turned down the music and didn't hear anything, so you continued to jam out when you heard it again. Definitely a scream but who was it? You ripped off your headphones when you heard it again, it was heart stopping. You jumped up, dropping the book that was resting on your chest, next thing you knew Sam was in the doorway panting and had sweat on his forehead, he must have ran from his room to yours. You looked at his hand, which was gripping his new revolver you had got him for his birthday.

            "Are you okay Y/n? Was that you yelling?" he asked walking up to you, setting his free hand on your shoulder while still gripping the revolver in the other.

            "Yeah, I'm fine. Did you check on-"

            Before you could finish, another scream pierced the air, you turned from Sam grabbed your machete before you both tore out of the room and into Dean's room. He was asleep in his bed but he didn't look like he was okay; he was drenched in a cold sweat, his muscles were clenched and face twisted in sheer terror. He was trashing around his bed, "no, no! Leave her alone! Y/N!!" He started yelling and swinging his arms. You dropped your knife rushing to his side and Sam followed; grabbing one arm as Sam grabbed the other, together you tried to hold him down but he was running on fear and wasn't going to stop.

            "Dean, Dean it's us! It's okay just wake up before you hurt yourself," Sam yelled just as Dean broke free from you and took a swing at his brother who just ducked out of the way. "Or us!"

You grabbed Deans arm again and gently tried to wake him up, you gently rubbed circles on his arm and chest, touching his face and running a hand down the side of it and back up his arm. You leaned over whispered into his ear, "Dean it's okay, I'm here and I'm fine. Please, just wake up Dean."

            His eyes shot open and he bolted upright almost smashing his head into Sam's, he was out of breath and still sweating. Gasping for air, he looked at his sides, Sam was still holding his arm and looking absolutely terrified as to what just happened to his brother and you as well watched in horror and relief as Dean looked around the room. You looked over at Sam, who looked a little shaken, as he got up off his knees and turned for the door.