Ch.24~Auslly shippers

~Ally Dawson~

I hummed in my seat, bugging Kaylee on occasion. I knew I was acting like a 14 year old school girl but that doesn't really count, cause I met Austin when I was 14, and although after everything single thing that happened to me I shouldn't be so nonchalent about life, I had learnt something after Kaylee had yelled to me. 

In a race if you keep looking behind you, you will never win, never cross that finish line, never reach that goal. Cliche, right? I know. 

Music blared, and my legs swung when Kaylee's phone rung. Well, see in her fancy-shancy car the phonecall appeared on the screen of the car. I made a mental note to myself to buy a new car. It read "Nanny Lila," and she touched it. 

"Kaylee, Hazel is really sick, she has a high fever " the nanny said breathlessly. 

Her eyes grew focused. "Give her a chidren's tylenol, there's some in the bathroom cabinet and try to get her to sleep. I'll be there A.S.A.P."

Memories flashed through my mind and I thought about how different my life would be if I hadn't lost my baby. I had found out I was going to have her when I was 1 month pregnant, and I lost her 20 days later. I wanted children my whole life, always thinking about what a good life I would give them, about how I would never make them grew up as fast as I did.

I had thought about adopting, but being a single mom and adopting seemed ridiculous. I wanted to be a mother to my child, not just give them a nanny. What would be the point?

Elliot's insurance policy had given me a lot of money, but not enough to raise a child without working at all. 

In a now stony silence, Kaylee pulls over at the reception. 

The place was beautiful, and Kaylee bit her lip. "Can I go home, Hazel needs me." 

"Of course, I'll call a cab." I hugged her across the seat. "Thank you so much." 

She hugged me back, "Gurl, you better text me."

I giggled. "I will."

~

I climbed the stony brick stairs my hands fiercely clutching the handle. One step closer. 

I grasped the iron doors and pulled the doors open, the cool air blowing onto my face. I looked down at my outfit, which still looked good, and the curls in my hair had mystically stuck.

After wondering the red carpeted halls for what seemed like hours but probably was a couple of minutes I  finally say an elaborately decorated room under the name of :

"Trish & Dez Wayde." I attempted walking in, but a pretty looking security guard stopped me.

"Excuse me, miss. Can I please see your invitation?"

"Uh. yeah sure." I said lookign through my tiny purse for my phone and pulling up the evite. "Sorry, I don't have the original invitation, I'm here from New York."

"Don't sweat it," she said and let me in.

I slowly walked in, because I was scared of seeing Austin, and also because the place was hearthrobing beautiful. Paintings covered the gold walls, and the carpet was thick and plush. I was tempted to pull off my uncomfortable heels and just drag my legs against the floor, but I resisted.

When I finally reached the reception area Trish's jaw dropped. Uh oh. My eyes scanned the floor for Austin but he wasn't there anywhere. But there were like, a 100 people maybe I couldn't see him.

I reached up to hug her but she backed away. "Hey Trish." 

"What are you doing here?" She said amazed.

"I couldn't miss my best friends wedding."

"You did miss my wedding." She said quietly.

"i'm sorry. Austin-."

She cut me off. "Austin, has gone to the airport to meet you." She rubbed her temples, "I can't pick up the  pieces again."

I looked her,"Look, I know I screwed up but give me his number. You won't have to pick up the pieces." 

She hugged me tightly, "of course Alls. I'm just glad you came."

She hands me the number and I turn around to dial. No response. I try again. No response. I sigh and sit down. 

~

It's been three weeks and I'm so sorry. I don't want to become one of "those" writers. But you guys didn't even come close to the goal :(, which wasn't much compared to the amount of reas  and although I don't want to be a pushover, this is getting crazy. School has started an I'm in all advanced and one A.P class (they only offer one for 9th graders and it's only for the top 30 kids) so my schedule is insane.

I'm so sorry, but updates will be slower. Please bare with me, I can't write such long chapters with so much going on in my life. So I won't be updating until the goal is completely reached, and they'll be set high. 

I'm exhausted and I still have so much homework to do.

The goal is 25 comments and 25 votes. Comment something other than "more" for your comment to be counted twice. 

xoxoxo-Anna 

(I turned 14 on September 9th)