Ch.23~ Give your heart a break

~Austin M. Moon~
.

.

.

~Ch.23~

.

.

.
~Give your heart a break~

.

.

My legs swung over the seat as the blond bar hostess looked at me expectantly. The bar itself was quite nice, with the beautiful wooden floors, and the grey brick exterior. I nearly choked on tears. ''I don't think I want anything right now."  

She looked away and came back with a glass of water. Her long hair was in a ponytail and she leaned against the mahogany counter. "On the house," she flashed me a perfect white smile. "Is it about a girl?" "Is it that obvious?" I mumbled back.

"Kind of."

"Well, if she comes back to you, you know she loves you. And if she wasn't she isn't worth it."

"She's never coming back."

She looked at me like I was some kind of kicked puppy, "when did she leave?"

I looked at her with complete seriousness, "Three years ago."

She nearly dropped the shot she was holding to give to a young girl who was dressed in a tight black dress, and was kind of checking me out. But I looked away. Too in love with Ally I guess.   

'Your kidding right? You still haven't gotten over her?" The barhostess said condenscendingly.

"She came back, a couple of days ago."I defended myself. 

"And..." She probed while I was getting extremely irratated. I mean, it was my life and I didn't need any random person probing into it and trying to give me relationship advice. I didn't need any help. You're lying, a voice in the back of my head murmered. 

What kind of guy was I? Most of my friends, had been messing around with girls and some of them were finding someone to settle down with. But I was just sitting here moping around some girl, who woud never come back. 

"I don't want to talk about it, or about her."

The barhostess had shrugged and walked away.

I ordered a three shots and quickly swallowed them gagging at the bitter taste. I had never been one for alcohol, I had always liked sodas more. The only alcoholic beverage I drank was champagne, because I loved the bubbly and crisp taste of it. 

But the shots were already pounding in my head, and calming me down. They were distancing me from Ally and all the heartbreak. Distancing me from her laugh, the one she had when she tipped her head back and screwed her eyes shuts. Her crazy love for reading, whe she began pretending that the books were real. The way she wrinkled her nose in disgust when she saw something she didn't like.