10 - A really cute guy having lunch

On Friday morning, Maddie waved goodbye to Peter and turned around to walk back home

On Friday morning, Maddie waved goodbye to Peter and turned around to walk back home. She didn't have time to complete the second loop. She wanted to get to work early because she had an appointment that afternoon. She was looking forward to getting on the scale at her doctor's office. In the past, she would have rather gone to the dentist.

During story time, she read in funny voices to a group of toddlers and preschoolers with their caregivers. She took a quick lunch and finished some work at her desk before the after school crowd arrived. Donna, her part-time librarian came to relieve her at two-forty-five for her three o'clock appointment.

Her doctor was happy with her weight loss. "You weigh less than when I saw you two years ago! I want some blood work, but I'm expecting it will be perfectly fine."

When she left the office, she had a bounce in her step, something she hadn't had in a long time because she had been weighed down physically and emotionally.

Laura invited her to dinner and promised no Steve. True to her word, Laura served shrimp scampi for three.

"I made it with oil, not butter. I even bought the shrimp from your cousin." It sounded like Laura drove to the other side of the world.

"You don't complain about crossing the marsh in the summer." Maddie teased.

Laura was a regular visitor to the beach in the summer. She and the girls spent more time there than Maddie.

"Lynn was in a good mood."

"She had a date with a local fisherman. She's out of her element." Maddie laughed.

"Then I stopped in for a cup of coffee..."

"The world's best..." Maddie interrupted.

"Yes, but there was this guy... a really cute guy having lunch." Tim just shook his head.

"Probably just Alex."

"He had kids... one looked like she wasn't two yet."

"Maybe Peter took the day off. He didn't mention it this morning."

"I've met Peter. It wasn't him."

"I don't know probably some guy who ventured across the marsh for Rick's lobster rolls. They are famous."

It rained all weekend, and Maddie was glad for her treadmill. Thankfully, it wasn't snow, but winter rain was cold and bone-chilling, although it helped get rid of what was left of the dirty snow.

She ventured out to work on Saturday morning with a quick stop at the grocery store. On her way back, she stopped in to see Lynn, but the market was crowded and Billy was not around. She made a motion for Lynn to call her and left. She really didn't intend on buying anything since she had just eaten shrimp.

Once home, she settled in with a new book she needed to read for her book review. She was part of a group that reviewed books for the state library system. The book was written for early teens and was full of adventure, so she found it difficult to put down. After she finished, she wrote a very positive review. Having accomplished some work, she spent the better part of the weekend bingeing a new series.