twenty eight: kim

next chapter is the last chapter uwu╘[◉﹃◉]╕thank you for supporting archery prince until this far!

next chapter is the last chapter uwu[◉◉]thank you for supporting archery prince until this far!

•••

Although I was very eager to defeat the infamous unbeatable Kim Junmyeon, food was still on top of my life choices. When the lunch break arrived for all contestants, I couldn't help but to feel the joy of eatingㅡ though I literally had eaten sandwich and chicken nuggets during the last break earlier with Junmyeon. My belly would not be full at all at crucial time like this. And so, here I was eating alone in the middle of the prestigious cafeteria with uneasy stares coming from around. A very successful loner.

Junmyeon was out to greet his parents; possibly mine as well out of his courtesy. At first I thought of coming along after reading his text message, but I'd rather not to meet them now for the best. I would cue the emotional and touching cards immediately if they were to give sensitive advices at last minutes like they always did.

"We were so close." Chanyeol faked a dramatic sob as soon he and Baekhyun sat beside me. They were in a serious conversation, it was the right timing for them to spot me.

Baekhyun raised a brow when he comfortably put down his food tray. "Oh my, Chorong. If only we knew you would be here, I would drag Yeri and Kyungsoo away from running after the Pororo mascot on the tenth floor." We had been away for half a day already and this should be the first time we were talking to each other again.

"Hello, there." A bright smile immediately plastered on my face. They had changed into the old version of the archery club uniform, and their faces looked refreshed as if they had taken a shower. "I heard the team category is finished." Looking at them again, they must had cleaned themselves up after sweating so much through the competition. I should take a long shower afterwards, because I certainly was drenched in sweat the most now.

Baekhyun was enthusiastic to reply, "And we did so well, in my opinion." He broke apart the chopsticks at the same time, ready to start eating while gossiping.

However, Chanyeol was the one to object his praise. "I know fourth place is too good for us, but I just felt like we could do better a little bit." As he scooped some rice on his spoon into his mouth, an actual tear really did slipped out from his eyes. "Ah, if only I can score three points more to get the bronze medal." He held back a stifle.

"Auw, don't say depressing thing like that. Junmyeon must be proud of you." With three points in difference, they should be amazed by themselves with the small gap.

Chanyeol gave me a sceptical look from the side. "Proud? I wouldn't say so. The President rarely praised our achievements..unless it's you." He puckered his lips in a sulky pout to the bias . "Well, your prodigy skills obviously are another level from us, but still, it hurts me to not hear him saying we did a great job sometimes."