one: archery

•••

•••

"W..what was your name again?" She smiled as she handed out the club flyer to my seat. I looked up to her, blinking my eyes to see the goddess that was standing in front of me. There she was; Bae Joohyun, wasn't it? News about her beauty totally rocked my ears as soon I hit up in this new school in the first day. Don't ask me, I didn't really know what she was doing in my class.

I fidgeted my fingers under my desk, returning the smile that she was giving. Joohyun kept staring at me, waiting for me to answer her question. I parted my lips; wanting to answer since this third year student's aura was overwhelming.

"Her name is Chorong. Park Chorong." A voice took over from her behind. Joohyun turned around, finding out to see my classmateㅡ Yeri. She sat just behind me. "Senior, why are you recruiting members in my class? I told you they're not interested." She slurped her strawberry milk in her hand. They knew each other?

"I can't help it. Tournament is coming up, we must at least find replacements before that."

"Don't spout nonsense. The rest of members can handle it before graduating."

I listened to their conversation silently since I felt it was awkward for me to jump in. I barely moved here since almost a month ago; yet I had only talked to Yeri and few other classmates. I surely wasn't that eager to start my second year here for sure.

"But Chorong do play something." Yeri broke my thought. "Don't you? You told me you play a little sport in your last school."

"I did do hapkido." I slowly replied, bitting my lips as I recovered my memories about the sport. "But I quit last year after I won the Grand Slam Seoul in hapkido because I broke my ankle." Bad flashback. That was the most pathetic history I've ever had in my life.

I was really good in hapkido better than handling my own life. It was as if my other part of heart beating to keep me surviving in the world. I put everything I got on the line to pull opponent's collar and throw them down. I probably shouldn't tell Yeri that I played sport, though.

"Grand Slam Seoul?!" Joohyun slammed her palm on my desk. "You managed to play in that final for hapkido sport?"

"What the hell, you didn't tell me that part?" Yeru widened her eyes.

"Y-yeah. It wasn't really a big deal. I won single hapkido competition at there for like, three times straight." I pressed my lips into a thin line. What was the big fuss over here.. They looked fiery all sudden.

"No, it's not!" Joohyun put her hand on her chest, couldn't believe what just slipped from my mouth. "Grand Slam Seoul is the competition where many sports from various fields take part in. Held once in a year. Schools versus schools, sponsored from the Ministry. It's the hardest tournament of all. The winners are geniuses, ya know? Our school lost in the quarter preliminary in the last game." What did they play, anyways..? I was curious to the maximum.

"It means you have good and strong posture. We need you."

"You're the same like our president, then!"

I shot Yeri a weird look. "What?" That escalated 0 to 100 real quick.

"You're another gem that we must not let go." Before I could object more, Joohyun took back the flyer that she gave earlier. "Yeri, bring Chorong to the club meeting today." She smiled proudly and put her hands on Yeri's shoulders as if they just hit the jackpot.

"W-wait. You guys do hapkido, as well?" S-should I tell them that I couldn't do hapkidoㅡ anymore? "I can't possibly just jump into a sudden curriculum club."

"No. We play something else that is cooler than throwing people to the ground."

"Then, what is it? I'll agree if it suits me to play." I frowned, trying to figure out what sport they really would play for. They couldn't just force me like that, right?

"With your experience, I'm sure genius like you can handle it."

•••

"Hey, hey. Why can't you just" I groaned when I stepped onto a branch out of blue. "Tell me what club you and Joohyun senior are?" I looked around when the sky started to darken. "Why your meeting place is outside from the school?"

"You'll see." Yeri smirkedㅡ adding chills down to my spine which didn't really help in answering my questions. We were moving along the path to the west school block; which I didn't know existed in the first place.

"Is it gonna be okay if I suddenly become a new member?" I mumbled. "I mean, I could be still thinking about joining or not. What if it's something I don't like?"

"Don't worry, Chorong." Yeri stopped her tracks, almost making me to jump on her tiny back. "Here." I frowned at her words, but somehow slowly understood when she pointed to a hall behind the block.

"Is it martial arts?" I made my eyes smaller when I spotted the hall. That seemed legit. Suddenly, something fast landed in the ground. Something that was surely sharp. And thin. My jaw hit the floor as I had a hard time to bend down to pick the thing up from being stuck in the ground. What the..

"Oh, sorry! That was mine." Someone shouted. "I shot it too far!"

Yeri finally had the guts to make me realise as I stared at the arrow. "It's archery."

This is certainly..something very different that I expected. Well then, shit.