Task Three

I lay in the grass, letting the bright sun warm my face. I open my eyes as a soft hand touches my arm. "Reina I got this for you" the boy speaks. He holds out a delicate purple flower. I smile at him and take it. "It's beautiful! Thank you!" I give him a tight hug. He giggles as he squeezes me back. We both lay down in the grass and let our minds wander to a world far away. But suddenly we are snapped out of it. "Reina come here now! If I catch you with him one more time there will be bad consequences! I can't train you if you're so distracted!" My trainer yells, yanking me up. "And you. Don't you have training to do too... um... what's your name?!"
"192" the small boy says, looking at his feet. "Well 192, you better get training." And just like that I'm ripped away from my only friend. "Wait!! The flower!!" I cry. "Shut up. You have training to do"
"No please! I need the flower!"
"I SAID NO"

I sit up in bed, panting. Only a flashback. It's over. Why do I keep experiencing this? I get out of bed and decide to walk around. I reach the end of the hallway and look through the glass doors and see Taehyung leaning over the balcony, admiring the view.

I push open the door delicately and he looks back at me and smiles. But this time his smile seems.... sad?

He doesn't speak as I join him, looking at the city.

We stay like that for a few minutes before I can bring myself to speak.

"I want a flower" I say softly.

"Hm?"

"For my tattoo. I want it on my hip."

He turns to look at me. His eyes are wide as if he's seen a ghost, but he quickly looks away.

"Okay. I'll schedule it for tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Why are you awake at this hour?" He questions me.

"I could ask you the same thing"

He laughs and returns his gaze outwards.

"I don't sleep much anymore, if i'm being honest" he says, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Why is that?" I ask curiously.

"I-I'm not sure..." he says, looking at his feet.

"I wish I couldn't sleep. I hate sleeping" I say, running my hands through my hair.

More like I hate being reminded of things I would much rather forget....

"I guess we all want what we can't have" he says, meeting my eyes.

We stare at each other for a few seconds, his eyes piercing mine. I turn away quickly, "Well um... I better go."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow for your tattoo session."

I give him a quick smile before walking away.

"Oh and Reina, I just wanted to promise you that your brothers are safe."

I had spoken with them a few times on the phone since the whole contract ordeal, but it gave me a certain feeling of relief to have Taehyung say that to me.

I nodded and smiled to myself as I pushed open the balcony door.

He really isn't as bad as I thought.

As I continued to think about him, I felt my cheeks become hot.
What is this?

I get into bed and rub my eyes, deciding to give sleep another shot.

.