PART 55: | BURN THE WITCH |

Start from the beginning

- "No. Megan and Sonia came with me." Eric replied.

- Rebekah nodded, "Oh, okay." then she looked at her brother and Natali saying, "I just came to tell you that mother is going to put me into another body."

- "I should have known that you'll be the one who would take her offer." Kol told her.

- "That's the only way I can be human again." Rebekah told him in defense.

- "You will regret it." Natali says.

- Rebekah rolls her eyes, already knowing why Natali thinks she will regret it, "When I'm old and wrinkly, you can dump me back into my old body. Nik already has a coffin he can store me in."

- "So who's body is she gonna put you in?" Natali asked.

- "I don't know. I'm going to see her now and I have a plan to stop her." Rebekah tells then.

- "What plan is that?" Kol asked.

- "I'm gonna give her my blood and when we kill her she will become a vampire, so that means she won't be able to body jump again." Rebekah explained.

- "That's actually a smart plan." Natali stated.

- "And I don't want you two to try and stop me from doing it. I've also convinced Elijah and Nik to let me do what I want. That won't mean I'm on our mother' side." Rebekah tells them when she saw that the two of them glanced at each other she added, "Promise me."

- "Okay. We promise we won't stop you." Natali told her.

- "Thank you." Rebekah smiles.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

Esther is getting ready to pour herself and Rebekah some tea while they discuss Esther's offer, but Rebekah just quips, "You can't possibly expect me to discuss giving up eternal life over tea!" before gesturing to the nearby shelf and instructing her to break out the red wine instead, "Give me some of that red over there." Esther just laughs in amusement and does what she's told as Rebekah asks her to give her the sales pitch.

- "I only offer what you already want." Esther begins.

- "And how do you presume to know that?" Rebekah asks.

- Esther breaks down what she knows best about her children, "Elijah's happiest when there's order and music. Klaus, when he's the center of attention and in control. But you are my only child capable of unfettered joy." She hands Rebekah a glass of wine and adds, "And, you're happiest amongst humans. I've seen you yearn for that life. For love."

Esther then conveniently takes her eyes off of Rebekah and as she does so she continues speaking, "Our wishes are aligned in this, my daughter. Mine, to free you from this curse, and yours, to be human."

- "I'd be giving up everything I've ever known for a memory of something I once was." Rebekah replies since Esther would know something is up if she didn't at least argue a little, "Power for weakness. Strength for frailty. Eternal life for a brief human existence."

- Esther squeezes Rebekah's arms affectionately and makes her own closing argument, "The choice is simple - another thousand years of never having what you want, or a handful of years when you do."

Rebekah looks nervous. She glances to the side, before turning back to her mother and taking a deep breath.

- "Well, then. To the end of an era. I'm in." Rebekah says.

Esther was visibly happy, she smiles and places her glass of wine on the table before turning towards a table where she was preparing a spell. Rebekah uses that time to quickly puts a few drops of blood into her mother's glass before Esther again turned towards her.