Matches and Melodramatic Entrances

AN: I am a very unorganised person with no schedule when it comes to updating...

They weren't given long to settle in. The tension in the room between the different teams was just getting too much. So it wasn't long until the coaches called all the boys into the gym to begin their warm ups.

Putting on different coloured bibs to other teams, the atmosphere changed. Almost as if the friendships between them had disappeared and they were life long enemies. The air seemed cool as it trickles down the necks of all the boys in the gymnasium.

The motion of putting on bibs didn't last long. The atmosphere in the room seemed to again shift, back to friendly when the bibs where removed. Yet a more confused atmosphere crept up on all the boys.

"This time we have decided to do some changes. After a long meeting between the coaches last time. We have decided to mix teams."

There was a chorused gasp around the room as a result of Coach Nekomata announcement.

"It will be a great opportunity to work with different people of different playing styles. A chance to experience your fellow players differences. So we are not here as enemies but all as teammates."

The atmosphere grew tense around the high school boys. A thick blanket suffocating them all, absorbing all their willpower to play. The only thing that kept them going, was the knowledge, provided by Nekomata after his announcement, that they could all chose a partner from their own team who they would stay with.

Of course, the two first years, one bubbly sunshine and a depressed blueberry, paired up. They had an unseperability about their freak duo that everyone seemed to acknowledge and appreciate. Hinata stayed with his trusty setter.

Kuroo, Bokuto and Daichi were others who opted to stay with their trusty setters. (Or should I say their boyfriends!)

From this, teams were made according to the players preferred positions within the pair. However, the teams were never fixed. The people within a team were always changing, so the boys could have the opportunity to work with almost everyone.

The current game was set up, 6v6, with a libero also supporting each side. Currently you had the red team: Kageyama, Hinata, Lev, Kai, Kuroo, Kenma and Yaku as their libero, against the blue team: Akaashi, Bokuto, Daichi, Suga, Asahi, Tanaka and Noya as their libero.

After the first set, which the red team had one, the coaches decided they should play another. However, Coach Ukai and Nekomata decided to swap the setters, Kageyama swapping with Akaashi and Kenma swapping with Suga. The freak duo was split up.

The next set was highly in favour to the new blue team, 19-9, a 10 point difference.

Kageyama had an act for bringing out the best in his teammates. Something he learnt from his old senpai. One by the name of Oikawa Tooru.

The game didn't last long however, soon being interrupted by the melodramatic opening of the gym door revealing a new team which had not previously been invited to the camp. Not until today...

AN: Oooops... I kinda forgot this fic existed. Will hopefully start updating more.

~Mei