Volleyball Speaks Louder Than Words

Kageyama's PoV

I can't talk to the dumbass. I've been avoiding him, you see. For 2 weeks now... even during practice. I can't look at him the same. It sounded like he really loved Suga, when he confessed to him. I kinda feel sorry for him. Suga would have of course said no as he's dating Daichi, it's kind of obvious... did Hinata not actually realise, that dumbass.

And I thought I was self-absorbed.

But anyway... I don't know what to do. I was planning on confessing to him but now I know I can't, he has a thing for Suga. I would have been surprised if Suga said yes even if he wasn't dating Daichi, the age difference and motherly ways Suga has, would have made it a weird relationship. But that's just my opinion which is probably biased due to my absolute obvious crush... well I thought it was obvious, but I guess Hinata didn't pick the hints up.

I want to talk to him.

I want to hold him.

I want him to be mine.

Hinata's PoV

I'm going to do it. I'm going to confess. Suga again helped me figure out what I'm going to say. I'm going to do it after practice and I'm not gonna chicken out for like the 5th time this week.

Yes, it's been 3 weeks since the bathroom chat with Suga and I still haven't confessed. In total, I've probably chickened out about 30 times. But I'm gonna do it. I can feel it.

I only have to get his attention. Which will be pretty hard... it seems like he's been ignoring me recently. I haven't done anything wrong that I can think of. The King's probably just in a mood. The vending machine may have run out of his favourite milk and I don't even know.

But that's not important now. What's important is that I'm waiting after school, after practice, for Kageyama, so I can finally confess.

What if I get shut down? What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he thinks I'm a creep? He's a guy after all.

3rd Person PoV

Hinata waited and waited for Kageyama to come out of the gym. He never did. He never left the gym so that Hinata and him could walk their usual journey home together. He never came into sight.

So Hinata entered the gym once more. But halted as soon as he was by the door. Kageyama served a jump serve with amazing power but missed. So he served again... but missed. And this process repeated, with Hinata just watching and Kageyama missing every serve.

There must be something wrong with him, Hinata thought. He never misses this many in a row.

So Hinata did the only thing he could think of.

"Kageyama, toss to me?" He asked in an angelic voice. A voice that even Kageyama, who has been ignoring him for weeks, couldn't say no to.

So that's what they did. Kageyama tossed the ball and Hinata spiked it, over and over, working on their special quick. Not many words were exchanged in that passing hour, but they weren't needed. For the duo, volleyball was their form of words.

The fighting and the ignoring each other disappeared in an hour. An hour of nonstop volleyball, just as the pair preferred. But everything good has to come to an end. The day was coming to an end and so the two became tired.

Kageyama and Hinata walked their usual route home together. Walking in a silence. Not an awkward one, but one that was peaceful. The only difference was that Kageyama didn't break away from Hinata during their journey home. He insisted he took Hinata home as it was dark, and he's a pretty good gentleman.

The only words exchanged were the goodbyes when they reached Hinata's front door. Until Hinata's Mum came to the door.

"Tobio. It's been a while. It's pretty late. Why don't you call your mum and ask if you can stay? It can be pretty dangerous walking home at night! I'm sure your mother won't mind. I'll just pull out an extra bed in Shouyou's room. You two don't mind sharing a room, do you?"

And with that, Kageyama called his mum and ate dinner with the Hinata's. Dreading what would happen when the two of them decided to go to sleep.

AN: omg that was the longest chapter I have written so far. Can't wait to write the next chapter. It's going to be mega fluffy.

Anyway was bored so you got two updates in two days. I'm loving that I was that bored that I'm publishing this at almost midnight.