The Complete Coming Out

AN: I don't think Hinata's dad was ever mentioned but I needed to include him for the typical 'dadness' in this chapter.

Hinata's PoV

I TOLD MY PARENTS!!! I mean my real, actual, birth parents... not Daichi and Suga. There was something on the tv... some form of movie that contained a gay couple and Natsu thought it was really cute. Mum was just smiling and didn't say anything while Dad was just being a typical father by reading the newspaper.

And I just said it. I asked what their opinion would be if I was gay. I don't know where the sudden ballsiness came from, but I finally grew a pair and asked.

Of course, like a normal person, they did question my sudden outburst as I did kind of shout the question at first. But they didn't seem to react other than that. I mean... they just seemed normal.

What shocked me most of all was what my mother had said though. I couldn't quite get my head around the fact that my mum just said: "Oh honey, if this is about you being gay, I have known for quite a while, sweetie. And before you worry, of course, we don't care how you sexually label yourself. You are our son and always will be. Your father also agrees with me, of course. Your father even dated a couple men in the past, before me. He doesn't care for gender. And therefore we don't care about your sexual preferences."

I was so confused. My parents knew! And they didn't say anything! Wow great. I've been living life with a secret that I didn't even need to keep.

So here I am now. Eating breakfast with a family I am so lucky to have and sometimes feel I don't deserve.

3rd Person PoV

The typical breakfast scene played out. The happy family type, with the Hinata family sitting all together eating a great home-cooked meal, which was all too good.

"So does that mean you have a boyfriend, Nii-chan?" Natsu seemed to ask with such innocence, which only caused Shouyou to choke on the food he had been eating.

"What made you think that, Natsu?" Shouyou quickly asked to cover up his tracks.

I hope she doesn't know that I'm dating Kageyama. Maybe she saw us or something. Oh shit.... what if she did. Her innocent eyes, Shouyou thought as he seemed to look at Natsu for any evidence that she, in fact, did know about them.

Shouyou began to fidget. He couldn't sit still. Should he answer that question or not?!

"So, who is it, Shouyou? Who's the lucky man who gets to date my handsome son?" Shouyou's Mum seemed to ask, pretty curiously.

"I'm betting on that setter of yours. What's his name? Um... Kageyama, right?!" Hinata's Dad seemed to say... remembering the name of the boy Shouyou had mentioned on previous occasions.

Shouyou seemed to stop breathing for a minute and began to fidget even more. He felt his hands start to sweat as he soon panicked.

"I like him! He seemed like a complete poopy head but he's actually really nice and played with me." Natsu replied after what Hinata's Dad had said about it being Kageyama.

Shouyou seemed to grow even redder, if that was even possible. He seemed to stutter, unable to get any words at all. 

"Honey, it doesn't matter if you are dating him. As long as you are happy, then we are happy for you too. You can date whoever you want as long as they don't treat you like you are not worth it. Because you really are Shouyou, any guy would be lucky to date you." Hinata's mum's words seemed to cheer Shoyou up massively, no longer afraid to admit to his parents that he, in fact, was dating Kageyama Tobio.

"But of course you have to bring him home one day, so I can do the typical dad 'vetting' of the boyfriend. You know, make sure he is right for you, Shouyou and give him 'the talk'."

Hinata was again at a loss for words due to his dad's request. Bring Kageyama here, are you mad? You'll probably ruin my relationship straight away with that 'talk' you are talking about, Dad, Shouyou thought to himself as he finished his breakfast.

"Why don't you invite him over for family dinner tonight, Shouyou? He can even stay the night since it is a Friday-"

"But no funny business, Mr." Hinata's dad quickly cut off his mum.

"Oh my gosh! DAD! Um... We haven't even... um... Dad!" Shouyou stumbled over his words so much that he couldn't even form a whole sentence. 

"I get it, Shouyou. You don't really want to have the sex conversation with your old man now, do ya? I was your age once too, Shouyou. So don't, um... hesitate to ask me any questions if you have any. I mean, I have also done it with men in the past, Shouyou."

"DAD! I did not need to know that and I..er.. better go. I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry up. Don't want to keep Tobio waiting too long for me at our usual meet up." Shouyou quickly replied while heading towards the door and putting his shoes on and grabbing his school bag. 

"Oooooh... first name basis, I see?!"

"If you could possibly stop talking now Mother as I'm now leaving the house."

"Okay, have fun at school, sweetie! Give me a ring whether Kageyama is here for dinner tonight, or not."

"Will do, Mum! Bye!" Shouyou replied in his all so cheerful way.

Kageyama's Pov

I met Hinata at our usual meet up, the junction where we split paths and walked the rest of the way with him. He was, of course, his usual care-free, cheerful self which only caused me to feel better because of his gorgeous smile.

We didn't have morning practice this morning because we have after school practice instead, meaning it was slightly later in the morning. So we leisurely walked to school, hand in hand, not breaking away until we got closer to school. However, unlike usual, Hinata didn't break away. He seemed to not want to let go of my hand.

"Shouyou?" I questioned him in a calm, loving tone of voice that he only sees.

"I don't care who knows about us anymore, Tobio. My parents know and are totally cool about it, so who cares who else knows. If they don't like it, they can stick it up their bum!" Shouyou seemed to gleam with his new found confidence.

"I don't deserve you. A normal person would have said "stick it up their arse", but you are way too polite." I sort of felt giddy and really happy for a change.

"I try not to be so vulgar, Tobio. Maybe you should try it sometime." That dumbass is lucky I love him because he would have received something for that comment.

"And speaking of my parents... they were wondering if you wanted to come for dinner tonight? It's also Friday so they said you could also stay over. I mean... that is... umm... only if you want to. You really don't have to if you don't want to." Shouyou seemed to speed up through his words as if afraid I wouldn't want to meet his family with the official label of his boyfriend.

"Of course, Shouyou. I would love to! I wouldn't miss it for the world." And I kissed him. Nothing major but still sweet, loving and straight on the lips.

Who gives a crap what others think about us. We're happy and that's all that matters. However, due to my actions, Shouyou blushed so hard that it was very noticeable but did not complain about kissing him at the school gates, where people could see us. I then walked him to class, being the good gentleman I am, with a new feeling bubbling inside me.

I was happy... I was in love. And I could show the world my love for the dumbass and not have to worry about a single thing!

AN: Awwwwwwwwww!

Oops... I haven't updated in a while. I'm not gonna lie... I was procrastinating!