Masquerade Part 2

even longer than part 1
not edited, as per usual.

(Tord's POV)

This is really boring. I've only been here for 20 minutes and it sucks. People are talking with each other, drinks are everywhere, but there's nothing to do. I haven't met anyone worth meeting yet either.

I sip on some champagne, careful not to have too much. Edd left me to go hang out with Matt and I can't find him anywhere. I place the glass down somewhere and walk around to explore. I notice a crowd start to form out of the corner of my eye. Getting curious, I look over the crowd and spot a blue dress, but nothing more.

All the excessively puffy dresses are really fucking annoying. I couldn't even walk my way through.

As I was silently cursing everyone in the room, a voice rang out through the crowd.
"BACK OFF, SHE'S OURS!" Eduardo yells. Everyone jumps and immediately disperses. I get closer to the maiden. She looked beautiful. Strangely enough, the colors of her dress very strongly reminded me of a certain Jehovah's Witness.
"Finally, they were so annoying." Eduardo comments. The girl nods in agreement. Jon stands next to her and whispers something in her ear.

She nods and walks away with a small smile. Cute. I walk after her, seeing her stop at the bar. I coincidentally sit next to her. She ordered a small whiskey. I stare at her for a moment before ordering something as well.
"Uh, may I have a Bloody Mary?" The bartender nods and starts mixing the cocktail. The girl took a sip of her drink, either ignoring me or actually not noticing.

After a moment, I get my drink and start drinking as well. Not too bad. The girl turns her head slightly toward me. She flinches and just takes another sip of her whiskey. She finishes and quickly walks off to find her friends, I suppose. I down my drink and follow after her. Her steps in high heels were extremely graceful, every stride was short, but elegant.

She starts to walk through the crowd, cutting through the dance floor. Quickly walking behind her, I notice someone shoving her from the front. I rush forward and catch her before she fell. I put her upright and ask,
"Are you alright?"
"U-uh, merci, monsieur," She shyly stammers in French. Oh. How cute.

"What's your name?" I ask politely.
"J-je m'appelle Tara," She stutters quietly. I don't understand what she said, but I heard a name.
"Tara? That's a beautiful name." I smile and offer my hand.
"May I have this dance?" Tara's face flushes with red. She nods and takes my hand with her gloved one. I place my free hand on her side and she puts her free hand on my shoulder.

We start a slow waltz, each step calculated to be lithe and nimble. Her dress flows around with each spin. The world around us seems to disappear, only us on the dance floor. The music kept playing, only as background noise it seems. We stare into each other's eyes, losing ourselves in the other's gaze.

Our faces seem to lean closer and closer together. I close my eyes, but once I do, the warmth of her hand on my arm vanishes. I open my eyes and look around. Gone.

I smirk to myself. So that's how she wants to play, huh?
Then let's play.

(Tom's POV)

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuuuuuuuuuck-
That was the commie.
He's probably chasing after me now.
I'm fucked.

I search around frantically for Jon or someone that I knew so I wouldn't be alone with Tord. I spot Jon by a table with food. I sigh in relief and rush over.

"To- I mean, Tara! What's wrong?" He asks. We both agreed that my 'undercover' name should be Tara and that I should only speak French when talking to others.
"I met Tord." I respond quietly. "Kind of scared now, so can I just stay with you for a bit?"