Arguments

(Tom's POV)

I had taken a seat across from him. We sat in a tense silence, yearning for the other to speak first. I did the honors.

"So you did it again?" I say quietly, my arms crossed and my 'eyes' refusing to look at him. He doesn't say a word. I let out a small sigh, it voicing all of my disappointment.

"Tom, I—"
"No. Did you really think I didn't notice?" Tears well up in my sockets, threatening to fall.
"Did you really think that I didn't know?"

He looked down at the floor, shame and despair written across his face.
"Did you really think that I couldn't see that you don't love me anymore?" My voice rises after the stress-filled really.
"I wanted- I tried to believe you, y'know? I tried to believe that our love was still there." I almost choke up, giving an empty chuckle at the end.

"Tom, I didn't mean it—"
"Oh, you think an 'I didn't mean it' would cut it? I gave you the chances, and you wasted them!" I shout, breathing slightly heavy. The tears run down my face.

He goes to speak again, but I stop him right before he even takes a breath.
"Five fucking times," I say, letting out a small breathy laugh.
"Five times you brought a bitch back, and you'd think I would be done with you."

My words hung in the tense air, settling into his bones and digging the guilt deep into him.
"Was I not enough?" I whisper, looking up at him, sadness and regret glossing my 'eyes'. He doesn't look at me. I let out a sniff and wipe my face of the black, sticky substance.

"Did all those days and nights together mean nothing to you?" I say with anger creeping into my voice. "Did I mean nothing to you?!" I snarl.

"No! You meant the world to me, min kjærlighet!" He says with desperation.
"Then what was it?" I ask him with a hushed voice. He keeps his mouth shut.
"Nothing, huh?"
Silence.
"Did you do it just to have fun?" I ask, monotone.

"You'd think being together for 3 years would mean something." I say with an empty laugh, my arms wrapping around myself as I look away. A sad smile graces my lips.
"Turns out all of what we had was a lie." I choke out, the tears already staining my pants, my voice giving out at the end.

"Thomas..."
"Don't. What is there left to explain?" I rise up from my seat, refusing to look him in the eye. I start to walk away, but a calloused hand grabs my wrist, stopping me.
"Please, let me fix what we had!" He pleads with desperation in every syllable.

"Really?" I start laughing. Isn't he hilarious? "If you wanted to fix what we had, you wouldn't have decided to fuck a new bitch every week right behind MY BACK!" I yell at him, yanking my arm away.
"We're done here. Go find someone new. I hope you'll treat them better."

~5 years later~

(3rd Person)

Tord let out a stressed-filled sigh, that memory haunting him forever. He ran his robotic hand through his hair, kicking his legs up onto his desk. Those last words echo in his mind, driving him up the walls.

Before he even knew it, tears drip down his face. His scarred face, thanks to his ex-lover. He doesn't sob, he just lets the tears silently slide down.

He pulls his legs off and buries his face into his human hand. He sniffs.
"I miss you so much, Thomas..." he whimpers out.

A broken relationship, a broken man. Tord starts sobbing openly, regretting all he did.
"I did love you, kjærlighet. I was just too foolish to relish what we had." He speaks weakly in the empty room.

He drags himself away from his workload and to his bed, wishing for sleep to give him brief relief from his heartache. Wanting for it to go away and to see his love in his dreams. Sadly, he will always wake up to reality once more, without the light of his ex-lover to brighten up the bleak future.