Chapter 4.

I know this is a small achievement but thank you guys for 60 votes!♡

~RHF~

-

"There is no pain you are receding,
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon,
You are only coming through in waves,
Your lips move but I can't hear what your saying,"

Pink Floyd

Chapter 4.

Time seemed to pass dreadfully slow as he stayed pressed against the crook of my neck. I could feel his rigid breathing, his rapid heart beat; and how his hands held onto my shoulders roughly. The longer we stayed like that, the more intoxicating his scent was. I craved to scream, shout profanities at him; and go into hysterics. To bite at him and bang my head against him; to hurt him in anyway I could, but I was trapped under the gravity of none other than my own fears.

Finally, Jack pulled away from me and I internally breathed a sigh of relief. But I instantly noticed something was off. His eyes looked different, clouded with an unfathomable emotion. And his face was flushed. He opened and closed his mouth as if he could not comprehend what had just happened.

I quickly looked away, focusing really hard on the matted floor. I did not want to acknowledge his mere existence.

“Anna,” I nodded my head still refusing to look up. The side of my face still stung from the cut and my hands bruised under the cuffs on the chair. And it was all because of him. Him and his crippling levels of insanity. “You will keep quiet, no more screaming, crying...all those human emotional bullshit, it stresses me

“Alright, Jack, what do you want?” I crossed my arms and stared at him as intensely as he stared at me. Refusing to show him how scared I was of him.

“Nothing, just a platform to talk about my million-dollar research,” he sarcastically boasted after thinking for a while, “you’ll be a dear and hear me out, wouldn’t you?”

“Right, go on,” he looked satisfied.

“A while ago-,” he paused, “ten years ago, I started my research on reality.”

How old is this guy?

“You know how people create animations by drawing thousands of frames in motion and placing  them together in a timeline to make it seem like it’s moving?” He started walking to and fro, a thoughtful expression on his face, “animations can be watched but you can’t really live inside an animation, could you?,”

“Well there are reality simulators, you can live inside a story then,”

“Exactly! I found that they are simply not good enough”

“Care to elaborate?”

“By injecting the serum created by my Reality Maker or RM, you can smell, taste, touch; and basically live inside the world that I’d created all by myself.” he pointed at the peculiar machine glowing pink in the corner of the room.

I did not know whether to believe him or not. It sounded too surreal and scientifically inaccurate. Firstly, how can he include smells, tastes and sense of touch in a serum? And secondly, how did this guy organise and carry out a research in the first place?

“I can even control your thoughts, memories and flashbacks in that world,” He continued and with each word he uttered, it sounded too strange to believe in, “And what’s more? My world is picture perfect; no more pain, distress, dilemma and anger” he gritted his teeth and exclaimed. “I can just live inside my own world!”  

Oh, there is the mad-man I know so well.

“Isn’t that the same thing as daydreaming?” I snapped sarcastically.