Chapter 16

I zip up my last bag, pulling it over to the pile of my things. I stare at it all, not even able to believe that this was actually happening. The door opens and I'm ready to go off on whoever it is until I see that it's Luke. My entire body deflates, every emotion rushing to the surface. 

"Hey, no, we can make this work, Dyl. I'm so sorry." I let out a sob, Luke pulling me close. "We got this, I promise." He whispers, smoothing down the hair on the back of my head. My phone buzzes, a text coming through from my mom. My flight was in an hour and there was a car waiting for me. I close my eyes, tears streaming down my face. "I have to go," I whisper into his chest, not moving. A knock at the door has my stomach in knots, praying that it wasn't my mom.

I go to answer it, seeing that it was the driver. He grabs most of my things and I grab the rest, turning back to Luke. I feel more tears again, my heart racing. He pulls me in for another hug, my throat closing. "I can't do this." I manage to get out, beginning to hyperventilate. "Deep breath in." I follow his instructions, taking a deep breath and holding it, then slowly letting it out with him. We do this a few more times, Luke's eyes glistening with unshed tears. 

"I love you." He mumbles, kissing me hard. When we pull apart, I give him a small smile, taking a deep breath. "I love you, too," I reply, turning to the door. I leave him in the room and take the elevator downstairs and walk out to the waiting car, putting the last of my things in the trunk and get in the back seat. 

---

I land in LA late, a driver taking me to Blake's house and putting my bags in the foyer. I leave my things there, going upstairs to my room. I call Luke, curling up in my bed. "Hey." His voice is sad, making me sad. "I miss you," I say softly, staring at the wall. "I miss you too, but I'll be home before you know it." He says, making me smile softly. "But I do need to go, I just wanted to make sure you got home safe, your mom booked us for a ton of stuff, probably to keep us from talking, whatever, call me when you wake up, does that work?" He says, making me sad. "Yeah, I'll text first to make sure you're not about to go on." "Sounds good, love you, Dyl, the guys miss you." "Love you and miss them," I say before hanging up, sighing. I fall asleep pretty fast after traveling, the blankets cocooning me in the bed.

I text Luke when I wake up, ignoring my mom's texts. He responds that he can talk, making me smile. "Hey, babe." He answers my facetime call. "How'd you sleep?" "Okay," I shrug, "I sleep better next to you though." He laughed, nodding. "How was your thing?" I ask, pulling the comforter up to my chin. "It was an interview, it wasn't bad, lots of questions about you going home though since it was out of the blue." I nod, biting my lip. "Stay out of the spotlight!" I say, mocking my mom, "Don't suddenly send me home in the middle of a tour then." I finish sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He nods, sighing. "Is that Dylan?" I hear Ashton then see him behind Luke, grinning. "Dylan!" He says excitedly. "Hey, Ash," I smile, my heart dropping. I miss them all so much, especially these two with how much they've helped me. "We miss you, we will try to come to visit soon, I promise!" He assures, giving me a reassuring smile. "I'll let you two keep talking, I'm heading back to the hotel, don't forget the radio interview in the morning, it was good seeing you, Dylan." I wave bye to Ashton, biting my lip. "I should let you get some sleep before that radio interview," I say quietly, giving Luke a small smile.

"Don't worry about it, you're more important." "Luke, that's your career, and we don't want to piss my mom off anymore, go get some sleep." He frowns, nodding. "I guess. I'll try to talk to you tomorrow then. I love you and miss you." "Love and miss you too, sleep tight." He smiles before hanging up and I let out a sigh. I turn over, grabbing the tv remote, and turn on Netflix, catching up on some of my shows.

---

"Dylan!" I jump when I hear my name, not thinking anyone would be coming into this house any time soon. My door opens and my fight or flight instincts kick in, my brother's face peeking in. I give him a look, relaxing. "Fuck you, you about gave me a heart attack." Austin laughs, sitting at the end of the bed.