Chapter 11

Luke leads me into his house, a dog bounding around the corner. "Hey, girl." He says, bending down and scratching behind her ears. She licks his face right before he stands, a woman coming around the corner. "Hey, mom." He smiles, giving her a hug. "This is Dylan." He introduces me. "Hello, sweetie." She gives me a smile, turning to Luke. "Did you two eat?" "No, I'm starving though, hungry?" He asks me, giving me a smile. "Yeah." I nod, following the two into the kitchen.

I sit at the counter, watching his mom get out some things. "You two good with tacos?" I nod with a grin. "Do you need any help?" I ask, standing. "No, no. You just relax. Luke, why don't you show her where she will be staying while I get everything ready?" He nods, pulling me out of the kitchen. He grabs my suitcase, wheeling it down the hall. He opens the door to a simple room, probably the guest room. The bed is a queen with a black comforter, a plethora of pillows on top. 

"I'm just two doors down if you will ever need anything." He tells me, leaning against the bed. I look around the room, walking over to the window. It looks over a cute backyard, a fence keeping everything in.

"Food's ready!" His mom calls, both Luke and I walking to the kitchen. We grab plates and prepare the tacos the way we want, then join his mom at the kitchen table. "Where's dad?" "Out with some friends tonight, he will be home later." Luke nods, taking a bite of his food. "So, are you two dating, or what's the story here?" Luke stares at his mom for a second, swallowing his food.

"Um... it's complicated... Her mom told us before the tour started that we couldn't date Dylan." Now I'm told that. Thanks, mom. "But we both like each other so I don't really know what's going to happen." His mom nods, turning to me. "How old are you honey?" "Seventeen." She nods, turning back to Luke. "Until she is eighteen, her mom technically does have some say over stuff like that... as much as you don't want to hear that, it's the truth. Unless you two want to sneak around for however long it is until she's eighteen, but I don't recommend that. It never works and it will only make her family hate you more. My best bet is to just talk to her mom. See what she says." 

"She's not very understanding. She will shoot it down before we can even get the full sentence out." I mutter, staring at my last taco, the food not as appetizing anymore. "I'm sure if you explain the situation, she will understand. She's liked a guy before so she knows how it all goes." I shrug, glancing up at Luke's mom. She gives me a small smile, my heart plummeting when I realize I kind of snapped at her. "My mom likes everything to go a certain way and if things go differently she freaks out, to put it simply. When the world thought Luke and I were dating a couple months ago my mom freaked out because she didn't want me in the spotlight for that and she said I was too young to date Luke." "I can see where she's coming from with the spotlight thing, but he's only a year older than you. Granted, he is now technically an adult and you are still a minor, I still don't see it as a relationship deal breaker." She frowns. 

"I could always try and talk to her about it, but I really do think it'd be better if it came from the two of you." We nod, glancing at each other. It goes quiet so I finish my final taco, Luke taking the plates and and putting them in the sink. "I need to run to the store so, Luke, you know where everything is, make sure you take Molly out if she begins to whine." He nods, coming over to the table and sitting across from me.

"Your mom is really nice." I tell him with a smile. "Yeah." He nods, a smile growing on his face. "I love her to death. I tell her almost everything." "That sounds really nice." He nods. "So what do you think we should do?" I finally ask after a short silence. "I honestly don't know." He sighs, running a hand over his chin. "Like, I get where my mom is coming from in saying to just see what your mom says but I also don't want to get you in trouble or to the point of her separating us for the rest of the tour." I nod, biting my lip.