Chapter 3

I find my brother heading off the stage, talking with his band. "Hey, Dylan." He says, noticing me. "Hey, I have a question for you," I say. He walks over, nodding. "Do I get to see any of the shows or am I backstage the entire time?" "Each show it's up to you. What would you like to do?" "I'll see tonight's show." I nod with a smile. "Okay, I'll get you a ticket and make sure you have a backstage pass before going out so you can get back here after the show." I nod, heading off.

I pass 5 Seconds of Summer, giving them a smile as I wander back, looking around. I make my way out into the chairs, weaving through them as I listen to the guy's practice. I take a seat, watching them. They look like they have a real stage presence, something that not everyone seems to have down. I like it.

I jump when I hear a squeal, a guitar making a bad noise as the music stops. "Oh-Em-gee! Dylan! It's been totes forevs since I last saw you! How are you!" My brothers' girlfriend, Rachel, says, attempting to run over to me in heels. Oh dear lord, save me! Luke and Calum were watching the whole ordeal, Ashton unable to see and Michael was on his phone, texting someone.

 Oh dear lord, save me! Luke and Calum were watching the whole ordeal, Ashton unable to see and Michael was on his phone, texting someone

"Hi, Rachel," I say tightly, plastering on a smile. Blake comes out on stage, looking around in a confused manner. I quickly walk over, tugging his jeans. He looks down at me, and I motion to bend down, glaring at him. He bends down, giving me a small smile. "Is she touring with us?" I demand in a quiet hiss, staring daggers at my brother.

"Just for a little bit. It's publicity shit. You'll live." My eyes widen as I glance back at Rachel who gives me a smile. "Hell no," I reply, turning back to Blake. "Either I live on 5 Seconds of Summer's bus or your bands' bus, or I will walk to Los Angeles!" I declare, staring up at my brother. "I'll talk to mom." He sighs, standing back up.

"Hey, babe." He says, Rachel walking over. "I'll see you later, I need to run something by my mom." She nods, still smiling. He walks off, and she turns to me, her smile turning into something of a grin. "We are going to have so much fun bonding on this tour! Think of all the girl nights and the gossiping and doing hair and makeup and nails! It's going to be so much fun!" She squeals, clapping her hands.

"So much fun," I reply half-heartedly. "I'm going to go move my things onto the bus, but I will see you later!" She says, bopping me on the nose. She scampers, literally scampers, off, not in the direction of the buses, but I'm not going to stop her. "I will see you later!" I mock her, bopping air. I let out a huff, Luke bending down in front of me. "I can feel the love." He says. I scowl up at him, shaking my head. "She will be dead by tonight if I don't get off my bus," I assure him, grimacing. "I don't doubt that one bit. Why don't you move onto our bus or something?" "Blake's talking to my mom about it." I shrug, sighing.

"Get back to practice though, it was fun to watch," I tell him, looking at him straighten up. They go back to practicing, messing around a little. They finish, sound and roadies helping them with everything. "Hungry?" Michael calls, looking down at me. "Sure." I nod, standing up. I jump up onto the stage, following them back to the dressing room. "Chinese okay with you?" Calum asks, grabbing a takeout menu. "Yup." He hands it over, and I choose orange chicken with fried rice.