Chapter 9

Michael, Calum, and I walk from the seafood restaurant to the hotel, in a bit of a post food haze. "I don't think I've eaten that much food in years. It was so good, but I'm so full." I groan, holding my stomach. "I'm not going to be eating for the next few days." Calum agrees. "How in the world are you people full? I could definitely go for some ice cream." Michael shakes his head at us, scoffing.

"He ate more than us, and he's still hungry... Where does it go?" I ask, staring at Michael, then back to Calum. "Not a clue." Calum shakes his head, burping. "I feel a little better. "I think if I burp, something may come up with it," I admit, clutching my stomach. We reach the outside of the hotel, paps everywhere.

"Where's your boyfriend?" One calls out to me. "Where's Ashton?" "Where's Luke and Lana?" "How's the head?" "How was dinner?" Questions are thrown out left and right, and I groan, pushing through them. "Any comments on the relationship rumors?" "That's all they are, rumors. I'm not dating anyone." I tell the reporter, going to the hotel. "You're not supposed to respond to them, Dylan..." Michael says, glancing down at me. "I honestly don't even care right now. I'm so fed up with them assuming shit like this." I admit, pressing the elevator button.

We ride up to our floor in silence, Michael and Calum on their phones while I watch the numbers climb. "Night Dylan." They call, heading into their room. I go into my own, finding Ashton in there.

"Hey, what's up dude?" I ask, throwing my jacket onto the bed beside him. "Amanda cheated on me." I freeze, turning back to him. "Are you okay?" He shrugs, not saying much. "I'm sorry Ashton... That's such a shitty thing for her to do... Especially when she had initially voiced her own concerns about it."

He stares at the wall, a tear falling down his cheek. "Hey, think about it this way. She's one more person out of the way till you find 'the one, ' and now you know even more about what you're looking for in a girl. She will make you so happy, always knowing how to bring a smile to your face. She will know how to support you, especially when it comes to fame. She will always be there for you and will love you more than life. Most importantly she will be your best friend. Her duty will make you happy when you're upset, randomly surprise you with kisses just because she loves you. And your proposal. She won't just say yes, she will jump around excitedly and scream yes because that's how much she loves you. "You'll fall more in love with her when you watch her walk down the aisle looking stunning, making you cry on your wedding day. Her 'I do' will be full of love and excitement for what the future will bring. Dancing at the reception will feel like dancing in the clouds because it's only you guys. Living with her will be amazing only because now you'll get to spend every day with her for the rest of your lives and have kids together. Kids who will be a piece of her and a piece of you, taking up the rest of your love and you get to do it all with her. I know right now it may seem like your world is ending, coming crashing down, but I promise you, it isn't. You're just at a bump in the road so take it full speed and cruise on through it an-" His lips crashing into mine cut me off, startling me.

I panic for a second before kissing him back, questions flooding my head. Why was I kissing him? I don't like him this way! Will things be awkward between us? He pulls away, his eyes wide. "I-I- I don't know why I did that. I don't- I'm sorry." He runs from the room, leaving me sitting there.

---

I get on the bus, exhausted and ready to sleep, but I know it won't happen. I sit down on the couch, plugging my headphones into my phone. I hit shuffle, Halsey filling the silence. Calum boards the bus, going to his bunk. Michael goes to the back of the bus, probably to play video games and Ashton sits down in a chair, already listening to music.

Luke and Lana sit down on the other couch, Luke avoiding my look. I let out a long sigh, tired of the stress that seemed to come overnight.

I guess the exhaustion overtook me because the next thing I know is Calum is telling me we are in Philadelphia.