Chapter 6

I lay staring at the dark ceiling, looking at the bumpy texture. How do they make it uneven like that? The bathroom light switches on, and I jump, looking over as the door closes. It's silent for a minute then I hear the toilet flush then water run, Luke walking out when everything shuts off.

"What's keeping you up?" I ask, pulling my knees up to my chest. Luke jumps, swiveling toward me quickly. "Jesus, you scared me." He mutters, closing his eyes for a second. "Sorry." I chuckle, giving him a small smile. "I can't sleep, what about you?" "Same. Sleeping twenty-four hours doesn't exactly work well with a normal sleep schedule." I joke, watching Luke walk over and sit next to me.

He cracks a smile, facing me. "I would guess not. Are you feeling better though?" "Yeah, for the most part." I nod. "My body is still a little jumpy but other than that I'm pretty good," I explain, watching Luke nod. "Shut up! Would Ya?" Ashton groans, turning in his bed. Luke and I laugh, looking over at Ashton.

"We could go down to the lobby to talk for a little bit if you'd like. That way we aren't disturbing anyone." Luke offers, standing and holding out his hand for me to take. I grab it, feeling him pull me up. We leave the room after grabbing shoes and a key card, heading to the stairs. I stuff my hands in my pocket as I walk down the stairs, glancing at the landing I had the panic attack on. I continue on, following Luke out into the lobby.

I take a seat on one of the couches, Luke sitting on the other end and facing me. I turn and face him, watching him grin. "What?" I ask, a small smile creeping onto my face. "Nothing, just the way you turned to face me." He shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows, watching him for a second.

"Besides the panic attack and your mom yelling at you, have you had fun in the first week of touring?" "I guess." I shrug, not sure what to make of the first week. "What about you?" I ask, looking up at him. "Yeah, I'm enjoying opening for your brother." He nods with a smile.

---

I wake up, Luke laying on my stomach and snoring softly. I look around, no one disturbing us. Odd, most hotels won't let guests sleep on the couches. I turn toward the windows, seeing fans taking pictures of Luke and me through the window. Shit. I shove Luke off me, biting my lip when he lands on the floor with a thud. "What was that for?" He groans, slowly sitting back on the couch.

"Sorry, I panicked and shoved you off me. Fans were taking pictures." I mumble, glancing over at the windows again. The fans are comparing pictures or videos, pointing at something on one girls' phone.

"You two are finally awake." Ashton's voice makes us jump, both of us turning to look at him. "Why didn't you wake us? Fans have pictures of us sleeping here!" I demand, standing and looking up at Ashton. "You both looked peaceful, and when I first came down, there were no fans." He explains, shrugging. "Calum has your stuff, Dylan. Michael has yours, Luke." He says, rolling his own suitcase outside and talking with the fans.

"I am so dead," I mumble, falling back on the couch. "So much unneeded drama." He groans, falling back as well. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath, jumping when a voice goes, "Guess who!" My eyes snap open, and I look around, seeing a beautiful girl with blonde hair and brown eyes covering Luke's eyes. Her fake nails are bright pink, almost neon, but I will admit, it is a good color for her.

 Her fake nails are bright pink, almost neon, but I will admit, it is a good color for her