Gestures

May 11, 1980
-Roger's POV-
A knock awoke us at midnight. It only woke me and Brian, the kids still lay in their beds asleep. It knocked again, more impatient this time.

I groaned, "You get it..." Brian groaned back, "Fine...fuck you though..."
"Love you too..." I muttered as he walked off. I closed my eyes to try to sleep but a crying voice stopped me. Paul was down there, "Brian...where's Freddie?" I heard Brian tell him he was away.

I convinced myself to greet the man and walked down the stairs. He turned and looked at me, "Where is he?" Brian was doing hand gestures I didn't understand.
"He's in Scarborough with John, why?" I asked. He smiled weakly and put his head back down, "I miss him so much, I love him."

Brian scoffed, "You don't." Paul grinned cunningly, "Well, whether you like it or not, I come on every tour as a PA. I am part of EMI." I had forgotten that. He was going to be there to stop us.

"Fine, we'll see you in July for the tour." I shoved him towards the door. He tripped and fell out of the house. I slammed it on him and hit the wall in anger, "He's going to break them up!" Brian grabbed my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down but he shouldn't have bother. I lashed out and hit him.

He held his face and moaned in pain. I had scratched him hard. I tried going close to him but he went upstairs. I shouted after him, "Brian, I didn't mean to! I'm sorry."

Silence.

The bathroom door slammed shut. He must have gone to fix what I had done. I've never hurt anyone properly in my life and now I've hurt the one person who means the most to me.

I sat outside the bathroom door, waiting anxiously for him to come out. He didn't for a while. When the sun started to rise, the door opened. He marched out and into our room.

"Bri, please just listen to me. You know me so well so you know I wouldn't do this!" I shouted, blocking the door so he couldn't leave. He yelled at me, "It's the fact you did!"

"I was angry! I didn't mean to though!"

"Give me some space today. I'll be home tonight..."