Funeral

Phil woke up to the sound of his phone. His head was pounding.

"Hello?" he grumbled.

"Phil, are you nearly ready? The funeral car will be here in about 10 minutes. Are you meeting me here?" It was Dans mum.

"I..." He looked about the room but Dan was no where to be seen. "Could you pick me up from the flat? I slept though my alarm Im so sorry." he sighed.

"Sure. Will you be ready? We'll be about 20 minutes."

"Yeah dont worry."

Phil climbed out of bed and instantly regretted it. He found his best suit from the back of the wardrobe. Luckily it was still hanging up. He found a black shirt from the mess on the floor and flattened out the creases before heading to the bathroom for a quick shower.

After he showered he felt a lot better. He got dressed, dried his hair and opened the bathroom door to see Dan standing there in his best suit.

"You dont have to go you know." He said.

"Im going. You cant stop me. I have to go." Phil insisted.

"But Im right here." Dan smiled. "So why are you going?"

"I just am. Okay?"

Just then the doorbell rang. Phil found a black tie and his shoes and headed to the door.

"Phil?" The driver asked.

"Thats me." Phil climbed in the back of the car next to Dans mum.

He smiled at everyone before staring blankly out of the window. He looked up to see Dan sitting next to his brother.

"Its not too late to leave. You dont have to go through with this." He said.

"I cant go back now," Phil hissed.

"Did you say something dear?" Dans mum asked.

Phil looked back to see Dan was gone.

"Uh... No... I just..." Phil trailed off.

****

The funeral was busy. Everyone turned up. Everyone from Radio 1, all of his family and friends and even a few fans waited outside to say goodbye. Phil wondered how many of them would show if it was the other way around, if he was the one being buried.

"Its sad isnt it. That someone could die that young. Before they get to do all the things they want to. Get married, have kids, you know. Live?" Dan whispered.

"Go away." Phil whispered back causing a few funny looks.

"Its your fault you know. If you had just gone to the police then it would have happened. Or if youd just said it was a lie when he asked. Theres so many things you could have done to stop this." Dan smirked.

"I cant do this." Phil stood up."Im sorry." He headed for the door in tears.

He sat outside the church door and cried. "Im sorry Dan. Im sorry I didn't stop it." Phil sobbed.

"Its okay Phil. Im here now anyway. I'll never leave you. Well... Unless anyone finds out Im here. Then they'll try to split us up. Theyll take me away again."

"Why would they do that?" Phil asked.

"They dont want you to be happy."

"Phil?" A voice called. "Are you okay?" It was Al.

"Remember what I said." Dan whispered.

"I was worried when you didnt come back last night. I saw your video... You don't have to talk if you dont want to but it might help." He smiled. "You dont have to talk to me either but Im always here for you." He put his hand on Phils shoulder.

"Thanks." Phil looked around for Dan. He was gone.

"Are you okay? Are you looking for someone? I could hear you talking..." Al asked.

"No! No... Just myself. I was talking to myself."

"Okay... if you're sure... do you want to come back inside now? Its okay if you dont."

"Yeah... I think I will..." Phil stood up and followed him inside.