Tribute (part 1)

For the next few days, Phil didnt leave his room. He turned his phone off and completely shut himself off from the world.All he did was sleep. Al was beginning to get worried.

"Phil?" He knocked on the door. "Are you okay? Its Sunday..."

"Okay. What time is it?" He asked.

"Its 1... are you okay?" Al asked again.

"I'll be up in a minute." Phil replied.

***

Phil searched through his bag before realising he forgot to pack any long sleeved shirts.

He sorted through his things before he found a short sleeved, plaid button up.

He found a pair of black skinny jeans and headed to the bathroom.

***

"You look nice," Al smiled.

  "Thanks, you too," Phil replied.

"We should probably leave now," Al said, standing up and heading to the door.

Phil pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned it on. He had 9 missed calls and 3 messages all from the same number.

He read one of the message.
Phil, I have tried to contact you, Dans funeral will be next saturday (the 25th)
It would mean a lot if you came.

It was Dans mum.

"Al, I need to make a call, I'll just be a minute." He sighed.

"Hello?" a voice answered down the phone.

"Hi, it's Phil," Phil

"Phil! I guess you got my messages?" she sighed.

"Yeah..." Phil sighed back.

"Are you free tomorrow? I'm supposed to be choosing flowers. I dont know what to do Phil. Im his mum. Hes supposed to be doing this for me. I shouldnt be burying my son." She started to cry.

"I know." Phil sighed. "Yeah. Im free. Im sorry. He was your son and Im the one whos been sulking about feeling sorry for myself. Im so sorry."

"Dont be sorry. You loved him. He loved you too. So much Phil. You were all he ever talked about." She sighed.

Phil smiled. "Really?" He turned to see Al getting in the car. "Im really sorry I have to go. Im supposed to be at radio 1 in an hour." He sighed.

"For the tribute? I've had the radio on all day so I dont miss It. It means a lot to me. Thank you." She smiled down the phone.

Phil said goodbye and hung up the phone before following Al into the car.