Chapter 15: I Want You (M)

Start from the beginning

At my young age, I was taught to be a social butterfly in behalf of a good image for my parents and for our family. Prim and proper, a perfect daughter, elegant... name it. They taught me to be like that which I kind of still apply until now. But I am not as perfect as they want me to be because how can people consider a stripper 'proper'? And they could never.

The usual, it was boring. I do hate parties to be honest especially formal parties with rich people in it. They all talk about business, brag about their money, and lastly, most people here are fakes.

Clam chowder as an appetizer was served as a live orchestra started to perform. If I'm not mistaken, I think the others are here too since I saw Namjoon, Jin, and Taehyung earlier pass by but they happen to not notice us since they are sitting in a table with I assume are their families.

"Oh, have you talked to Architect Lee Yangwon about the planned hotel in Jeju?" I heard Mrs. Park ask her husband.

Lee Yangwon?

"Oh my, speaking of him!" Mrs. Park stood as soon as she saw the said man approach them from behind. We were sitting opposite to each other by the way.

Mr. Park stood as well and the three of them happily greeted each other. I couldn't care less about their conversations and stared at the man, tears on the verge of flowing down my eyes.

It's been ten years... Appa.

"Excuse me," I told them, not even daring to look back at my father and immediately grab my bag and walked away, pacing up. I'm not ready to see him after ten years. The man who left me ten years ago stood just before me that moment. I could not believe my eyes.

My feet brought me outside the garden just in the west part of the hall where the event was being held. I took a sit on the bench and finally let go of my tears to ease up my aching heart. The wound that I thought was healed opened again after I saw him. I remember again the night when he pushed me away after I begged him to stay. The night where I felt like I wasn't his daughter. I remember those happy and warm eyes of him earlier as the total opposite of the eyes that were staring at me that night.

Why here and now in all of the time and places? How will I escape from his presence? I can't face him yet. I still feel the hate and fury years ago.

But he did not change much other than looking quite aged than the last night I saw him. His hair had turned salt and pepper but he still carried his authoritative aura.

"Hey, you're crying again," Jimin said softly as he squatted down in front of me and caressed my cheek. "They were just about to introduce you to Mr. Leeㅡ"

"He's my father." I said and looked him in the eyes. He looked shocked but immediately washed off the surprise in his face and hugged me. "I don't want to see him yet. I'm not ready or I think will I ever be. It's been ten years but I can still remember the pain when he left us for another woman. If I stay in the party, I might just bump into him over and over again. I don't know if he'll recognize me but still, I think I wouldn't be able to hold back my tears. I just can't, Jimin. Iㅡ"

"Hush," he said then suddenly pecked my lips. I felt my cheeks burn up until my ears. I looked at him in surprise but he softtly smiled and pinched my cheek. "I understand. Let's leave the party then." He stood up and reached his hand out. "Come, let's go. I'll just tell noona the you are sick."

I stared at his hands. I don't want to go home yet but I want to leave this place. I'll only feel lonely at home and feel empty because Dawon is still in his school. Anywhere, I'm fine, as long as I am away from my father ㅡ away from the first man who broke my heart.

"I don't want to go home," I said, almost inaudible. "Okay, let's go to my house. Surely the party will end by one or two in the evening. Let's go?" He lightly moved his hand again as if reaching for something. I weakly smiled and held onto his hand. We started walking away from the venue, using another route to go to the parking. Using his free hand, he dialed Jiree Unnie's number. "Noona, we left, sorry. Jiwon doesn't feel well and I have to take care of her... uh huh... yes, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, promise... okay, I will. Thanks. Love you, noona," he ended the call and shoved his phone back on his pocket.