"Different is one word for it," he said. "Come on, it's okay. I know that I can be a little bit much at times."

"Okay, maybe a little bit," Frank agreed.

Gerard smiled and kissed his cheek. He pulled out his phone, taking a picture of the two of them together.

"There we go, just so I always have memory of this moment when we first became a couple," he said. "Maybe I'll even set it as my new phone background, that would be so cute."

Gerard set the photo as his background, laying his head on Frank's shoulder.

"You like the flowers?" He asked and Frank nodded. "I wasn't sure what kind you liked but I think lilies are really pretty so I got those for you."

"Lily is probably one of my favorite flowers," Frank said.

"Good, I'm  glad that I was able to get that right," he said. "I would have gotten you roses but I thought that maybe it would be too cliche."

"I think the lilies are perfect," Frank said. "My mom and I used to live in an old apartment that was a little bigger because she still had a bit of money from my dad from the divorce, it used to be the one that they lived in together. They thought they were having a girl because my...you-know-what wasn't seen and they painted lilies all over the walls of my nursery. I grew up in the lily nursery for the first three years of my life before we couldn't afford the apartment anymore. I loved that room so much. Sometimes I still miss it. I actually had a door."

Gerard looked at Frank in admiration. This is the most he's ever talked without stuttering. Frank had a soft, dreamy smile on his face as he remembered the old room.

"You lived there until you were three?" Gerard asked.

Frank nodded. "My mom got some money from the divorce but my dad made the most of our salary. My mom had to pick up more shifts at her jobs. And then more jobs. I was mostly taken care of by our neighbor a floor down while she was working. Eventually we couldn't afford to live there anymore and we moved to the place we've got now."

"Where's your mom work?" He asked.

"She works as a waitress at two different restaurants and then she always works at a small store nearby," he said.

"And how is working at the Dairy Queen?" Gerard asked.

"Oh, it is the best," Frank said. "Usually Jamia and I get the same shifts so we just like to mess around a lot. Plus, I get half off on everything and then even seventy-five percent off a cake on  my birthday."

"Oh, wow, that's a pretty good deal," he said.

"Yeah, it's nice because before we could never buy cakes for my birthday so my mom would just make one but now we get once that's ice cream and decorated and super awesome and only a little bit more than a homemade box cake," Frank said.

"It's really nice being able to have an easy conversation with you when you're not stuttering," Gerard said. "Don't get me wrong, it is adorable but this is nice too. What is the best kind of cake to buy at Dairy Queen?"

"My favorite is the oreo blizzard cake," he said. "It is to die for, too bad you missed my birthday two months ago. Since it's on Halloween, I also get a special Halloween cake. This year they decorated a round cake as a giant spider web. Last year it had this cool black cat on it."

"Halloween birthday?" Gerard asked. "That is sick."

"Jamia says that maybe it makes me the antichrist," Frank laughed. "I just wish that it would give me powers or something."