17

Chapter 17

"Hiccup..... Hiccup......." Hiccup groaned as he cracked open an eye. The blurry image of Fishlegs hovering above him had his eyes snapping open.

"AAAAAAHHHH!" Hiccup shouted as he sat up and scooted further back. "What the!!!"

"Sorry to wake you Hiccup but it's morning already." Fishlegs stated. "You're supposed to help the Hoffersons today, right?"

"Shoot! Yeah!" Hiccup said as he hopped out of bed.

"Soooo........" Fishlegs mumbled.

"So?"

"How did the date go?" He then asked. "You were making a kissy face in your sleep."

"Oh My Thor!" Hiccup stopped searching for a shirt and looked at Fishlegs in a horrified manner. "I didn't say anything.... Uhm.... embarrassing, right?"

"You were mumbling something about penguins and ostriches....... And something called the Apollo?" Fishlegs told him while blushing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to listen in but I was trying to wake you."

"The date was incredible Fish," Hiccup said. "Astrid made a simulation of the New York from centuries back and we went to this thing called a Zoo."

"A zoo?" Fishlegs asked. "I heard that name somewhere before....."

"It's a place where humans kept all kinds of animals in the city." Hiccup told him. "Honestly Fish, it felt pretty real."

"How do penguins and ostriches fit in?" Fishlegs asked eagerly since he has never seen them.

"Well we fed some penguins and Astrid wanted to go ride an ostrich." Hiccup explained. "I didn't even think you could ride an ostrich."

"How did that go?" Fishlegs asked.

"That bird accelerated from 0 to 90 in seconds," Hiccup coughed as he remembered the sensation.

"Oh my!" Fishlegs' eyes widened as Hiccup quickly stepped into the little bathroom while Fishlegs remained in his bedroom to ask "And the Apollo?"

"It seemed to be a famous theatre." Hiccup said from the bathroom but his voice was a bit muffled. "AndImayhavekissedher!"

"What did you say Hiccup?" Fishlegs hadn't heard that last part well.

"I... I KISSED HER!" Hiccup shouted and Fishlegs thought he might have become embarrassed in there. True enough, Hiccup stuck his wet head out the door and looked at Fishlegs. His cheeks were slightly pink and Fishlegs supposed it wasn't all from the hot water.

"You kissed her?" Fishlegs wordlessly mouthed.

"It..... it was just on the cheek!" Hiccup quickly explained before the door was shut again.

"Okay... well..... Wow," Fishlegs didn't know what to say.

"Do you think it was too fast?" Hiccup was still blushing when he came out of the shower.

"I don't know," Fishlegs shrugged. "I've never had a girlfriend before."

"You aren't interested in anyone?" Hiccup asked as he got ready.

"Well........." Fishlegs hesitated for a moment.

"Fishlegs do you have a crush?" Hiccup teased. Fishlegs nodded but then mumbled "I doubt she likes me back."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because she has her eye on Snotlout!" Fishlegs exclaimed which caused Hiccup's brows to shoot up.