6

Chapter 6

"What are we doing here?" Snotlout shouted angrily, "What are you doing here Useless?! Do you know what kind of trouble you'll be in when we get back to the camp!"

"Honestly Snotlout, I don't care anymore." Hiccup hissed as he started making his way towards them. "Dad made it very clear that he thinks I'm a nuisance so why should I stay!"

"Hiccup.... I'm sure the Chief didn't mean it." Fishlegs tried to reason. "We are all pretty high strung right now. The sudden raid got to everyone."

"I don't want to talk about it Fish," Hiccup muttered.

"Yeah, and we don't want to talk to you either." Snotlout shot back, completely missing the glare the twins sent his way. "Come on, we're going." Snotlout made a grab for Hiccup's arm but his cousin yanked his limb away.

"Not before I figure out what is going on here Snot!"

"What's there to figure out. They are generators! Big whoop. Not like we can use them for the Caravan." Snotlout said. "Can you imagine the Chief's face when we come back with a gigantic generator that has no application?"

"Snotlout, sass does not suit you," Hiccup deadpanned which caused the twins and even Fishlegs to snigger. "What I meant was why is this place still here?"

"Fishlegs, was this place even on the old maps?" Hiccup asked as he turned to the husky blond. Fishlegs, not expecting to be consulted, startled at first before rattling off several statistics. "21st Century maps have no dam plotted at this location, neither do 22nd century maps. The map data from the second half of the 23rd century is sketchy as best because of the 'Starfall'." Fishlegs explained and Hiccup nodded. 'Starfall' was one of the most memorable events in human history. After the Genesis ships took off, leaving the Earth without many specialists, the satellite orbits around the planet started to decay. By that century there were so many satellites orbiting the Earth that it seemed like the planet had three metal rings. With no one monitoring the man-made objects they collided with each other and their orbits began to decay causing them to start crashing back towards Earth. Many of the satellites burned up in the atmosphere but the bigger ones, like the old Space stations, impacted not only the oceans but also the continents, killing hundreds of thousands. Therefore there existed no known satellite map data from the 24th and 25th centuries.

"So we have a working facility that is not on any known map. Pique your interests yet? There's more. What I want to show you guys is further inside." Hiccup said now that he had everyone's attention.

"Wait.... You guys are actually following him?" Snotlout sputtered. "What about getting home before the Chief blows a gasket?!"

"Snotlout aren't you at least a little curious?" Ruffnut asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah man, it's not every day we stumble onto something this big." Tuffnut added.

"And from the construction to the Generator configuration this facility seems to be early 22nd century." Fishlegs rambled. "I'm curious as to why anyone would want to hide this."

"You guys.... You guys....." Snotlout sputtered.

"You know you can just stay right where you are Snot." Hiccup called out. Snotlout huffed but followed along a few paces behind. There was no way he was staying alone in a spooky generator room filled with Thor-knows-what. Hiccup led the group towards a control room on the second storey and pointed towards the computer monitors what were emanating light. "Those were already on when I got here." Hiccup explained as Fishlegs quickly made his way to one of the monitors to check the data while the others looked around.