31

Chapter 31

Hiccup sat nervously on the bed tapping his knee. It had already been a week since he made the deal with Drago and today he was supposed to hand over the drug sample. Next to him on the bed lay two sealed brown boxes that Astrid had helped him put together as well as a small cooler containing the Midas drug sample.

"Hiccup are you sure about this?" Astrid asked over the earpiece.

"I might not fully trust Drago but he'll be willing to do what it takes to get his hands on Midas." Hiccup told her.

"Not that....." Astrid stated. "I don't like him much myself but I was talking about the boxes. Are you sure?"

"We might have to make our getaway as soon as you have your body." Hiccup stated with a frown. "I just don't like leaving the others behind and in the dark after all this. They should know what Hank and Mary are capable of and what really transpired here."

"And if Stoick doesn't believe you?" Astrid asked. "You know there is that possibility."

"I know. That's why I'm handing one of these to Gobber instead." Hiccup told her. "I know he'll be able to get through to dad even if I can't."

"And have you decided on who will be getting the other box?" Astrid asked with great curiosity.

"Fishlegs," Hiccup stated. "He'll figure out what the contents mean pretty fast after he reads them."

"But you've been pensive this entire week," Astrid said. "And it's not all about this trade either."

"No it wasn't. I was just thinking."

"About?" Astrid prodded.

"The Hoffersons, and why they haven't acted yet." Hiccup elaborated. "They've had everyone under one roof for weeks now. So why haven't they done? According to Drago they could have easily drugged the entire facility with sleeping gas."

"You're thinking they are planning something big?" Astrid asked.

"I don't know, but I don't want to call them out on it in front of everyone." Hiccup pursed his lips. "Who is gonna believe the fishbone anyways?" He asked aloud with a self-deprecating laugh. "The gang might but the rest of the Berkians........ It will be like talking to brick walls."

Hiccup stood up and grabbed the cooler and the two boxes. He however stopped in his tracks once he walked into the living room. Hiccup's eyes went wide as saucers at the sight that greeted him. There on the couch sat both Ruffnut and Fishlegs and they were locking lips.

"OH. MY. THOR!" The exclamation caused Ruffnut and Fishlegs to stop what they were doing. Fishlegs squeaked and jumped up causing Ruffnut, who was almost straddling him, to fall to the floor with a 'thud'.

"OUCH!" Ruffnut groaned as Fishlegs quickly helped her up.

"Uhmm... eh...." Fishlegs sputtered as Ruffnut grumbled "Really Hiccup! Things were just about to get good!"

"Well I see you're no longer confused about which guy Ruff." Hiccup laughed.

"I figured out that I just love sensitive guys!" Ruffnut winked. "Oh and Fish is such a good kisser."

"Uh... eeeg... uhm..." Fishlegs was still sputtering and couldn't form much of a sentence. He finally managed to squeak out "Kissing we all did...... Did all we kissing..... Uh... oh aaaaah!!!" The sentence ended up getting jumbled which caused Ruffnut to laugh.

"I think what he means is kissing is all we did." She finished and then patted Fishlegs on the shoulder.

"Yeah that...." Fishlegs said.