4

AN: I got bored at home and wrote more....... (Looks at the pile of research to still complete).... eh.... I'll get to that later.

Chapter 4

Hiccup sat on one of the retrofitted bus seats as the vehicles quickly made their way to safety. At the front of the bus was his father arguing with Spitelout but Hiccup couldn't hear what they were saying. The looks that his uncle shot him were anything but pleasant. The one thing Hiccup did manage to catch his father saying was "...... I'll deal with it."

The bus jolted as it went over a particularly rough patch and Hiccup pitched forward landing on Ruffnut's lap. "Hey, watch it Hiccup!" Ruffnut said she pushed him off of him.

"Sorry......" Hiccup mumbled while getting off the blonde as fast as he could. "Wait..... You called me Hiccup."

"Yeah so?" Ruffnut was still dismissive of him but Hiccup sensed that maybe something had changed a bit.

"You never call me Hiccup," He commented. "What happened to Useless?"

Ruffnut mumbled something under her breath before groaning and then saying "If you hadn't acted then Tuff would have died instead of just getting shot in the shoulder. So thank you, you aren't useless."

Hiccup's eyebrows shot up and then he asked "Is Tuffnut alright?" He glanced around but didn't see the other blonde.

"He got one of the other busses with Fishlegs." Ruffnut told him. "Fish is giving him first aid."

"Okay....I'm happy he's alri-" Hiccup was cut off by Ruffnut giving him a hug. The female twin then backed off just as fast as the hug came and said "I owe you one, and tell anybody I said thanks and I'll lather you with syrup and feathers."

"Gotcha!" Hiccup said lightning fast as the bumpy ride continued.

Hiccup's eyes were drooping by the time the bus stopped. He jerked forward and could luckily catch himself before he hit the floor. "We set up camp here for the night!" He heard his father's booming voice and that was followed by "Hiccup a word!!"

He scrambled up and with a resigned sigh he exited the vehicle to come face to face with a very displeased Stoick. "Yeah dad?" Hiccup said.

"Hiccup you're to stay within the camp at all times. You'll do your job and then report to Spitelout for other tasks." Stoick told him. "I don't want you out of sight."

"WHAT!" Hiccup shouted causing several heads to turn their way. Stoick's glare had them turning their heads right back though. "Why?!" He asked. He'd never been restricted before. He'd normally take a short walk to unwind or rest but if he has to stay within the camp itself he'd be constantly subjected to Snotlout and his comments. Cousin or not, Hiccup was sure he'd go stir crazy at some point.

"You heard me Hiccup. I don't know what you've been doing in your spare time but I expressly forbade you to experiment. Furthermore you disregarded my orders and put yourself in danger."

"Wait, that's it?!" Hiccup shouted. "My flash bombs saved us back there!" He argued. "So what if I've been tinkering, I never hurt anyone."

"Never hu-" Stoick let out a disbelieving huff here. "Have you forgotten you set our silo on fire?!" And of course that incident came up which caused Hiccup to roll his eyes.

"Dad... how many times must I tell you. That wasn't my fault!" Hiccup grumbled. "You just don't believe me."

"Hiccup......" Stoick sounded resigned. "You just got to stop being all that."

"You just pointed to all of me," Hiccup stated and looked quite hurt.

"Hiccup, just... uhm... just go do something," Stoick sighed not wanting to have this conversation.