"Be prepared, for just about anything." I tell him.

He growls in anger, before he back hands me across the face, sending me flying and landing hard on the floor.

" If you have nothing better to say, then shut the hell up!!" He shouts, leaving the room.

He has listened.

I close my eyes for a minute, blinking back tears, and softly rubbing at my burning cheek.

" Oh no miss!" Cara, one of the Omega's says, rushing over to help me up. " Please sit and let me treat you."

"There's no time, please take care of the glass and then go into hiding."

Her eyes search my own, until she gulps in realization of the situation." Trouble is coming once again." She mumbles.

All I do is stare at her.

" You've always been the calm one out of everyone here, and the most truthful. Ha." She sighs. " I will do as you say Luna."

I close my eyes, holding back my tongue from telling her to stop, referring me as Luna.

Leaving her alone to attend to the scattered, broken glass, I take my own leave to my room, wanting to treat my cheek and to try look presentable, because I know Ronan wouldn't be pleased with me, if I wasn't.

Coming back down the stairs in a long black jumpsuit with ballet pumps, though I may not see them, I feel them really close. It's a matter of time before they appear. I remain in the living room, half of my body visible through the window.

His footsteps echo as he appears, looking much more cleaner in dark jeans and white shirt, measuring his muscles. I can feel his gaze on me.

" What the fuck are you wearing?!" He shouts, and I almost jump out of my skin.

I turn to face him, opening my mouth to say something, when the cold chill comes at me, like a bullet going through my chest.

" You have visitors brother." I tell him, turning to face the window.

I hear his footsteps near.

" Shit." He curses before storming out of the door.

Ronan with his styled, cut, light brown hair, appears into view, standing on the front yard with 10 to 15 men. A few minutes pass and no one shows up, this making Ronan to glance over his shoulder at me. His eyes narrow and I notice him try to fight off a smirk.

This is a promise that there'll be consequences, if I'm lying, but I'm not. He's doubting me yet again.

All too soon, they appear, a group of tall men from the forest. Ronan's demeanor changes and his body tenses, when he turns back front. Amongst the approaching men, I notice the one in the middle. The leader.

He is more muscular out of the men, breathtakingly handsome, with his midnight black hair, striking emerald green eyes which meet mine, and a strong jaw and sculpted blank face. He shows no emotion to the onlookers yet I can sense him. I'm stronger than him in this.

He is feeling everything and he thinks I can't. His scent is of fresh pine and woods. Earthy and pleasant to my nose.

I know without a doubt, he is my mate, the one I'm destined to be with, my soulmate. Yet what he represents, what he stands for, his views on mates and all he's been till now, forms a defensive shield against the bond.

He is just like my brother.

I sigh and I slump in disappointment and defeat.

I watch the interaction between my brother and my mate. It's intense and doesn't seem like something good will be concluded. It's been a few minutes now and I hold no hope for what may be.