She bit her lip, running her fingers over the halter strap.

"Never been the biggest fan of halters, just feel like it gives me too much side boob," she said.

Gerard chuckled. "Alright, I am going to find you something else that doesn't have a halter. Any preferences on necklines?"

"I don't think so, just not halter," she said. "Maybe a strapless. I don't know, strapless makes me nervous. I always feel like they're gonna fall down, you know."

"I wouldn't know, I don't wear strapless because I don't have any boobs to hold them up," Gerard said.

He brought Jamia a few more dresses, letting her try them on and critiquing each one of them. On almost all he just talked about how much he loved them. Jamia even convinced him to try on a few dresses too, all of which he looked fabulous in and did little model walks around the store.

"God, how do you look so good in dresses?" Jamia asked. "It's actually, like, unfair how much prettier you are in all of these. How does one look so damn good? What is your secret? Did you get plastic surgery?"

"I don't think attractiveness is completely about what you look like," Gerard said. "It's how you carry yourself. Your attractiveness is how confident you are, how you let others perceive you."

"I think that is just beautiful," Jamia said. "And I think you are absolutely right, it is about how we carry ourselves. I just need an ounce of your confidence and then I will finally have boys just falling on their knees for me."

"Oh please, Jamia, you already have boys falling on their knees for you," Gerard said. "You are absolutely gorgeous, trust me. How about we go look at some other shops before we go to the food court and grab a bite to eat."

"That sounds perfect," Jamia agreed.

The two walked out, heading into the jewelry store nearby. Gerard saw Jamia smile as she looked at a little heart necklace.

"Oh, that's cute," he said. "Is Frank a big jewelry person?"

"He wears rings sometimes and simple necklaces but that's it," she said. "I'm sure he would love something from you, though."

"What's he into?" Gerard asked. "What should I do as a totally cheesy winter dance proposal?"

"Oh, it would be so cute if you wrote a little song for him," she said. "He loves music so much, he wants to be a musician."

"What instrument does he play?" He asked.

"He wants to play guitar but he can't afford one," she said. "So instead sometimes he'll just go to the shop and they'll let him hang out there and jam for a little bit."

"Well, I can sing so maybe I can write a cute little jingle," he said. "That would be so cute. It can be like the movie where he stands outside with the big boombox playing music. It will be so romantic. His mom seems nice, very supportive of him."

"Linda is the best," Jamia said. "Totally makes up for his piece of shit dad. I feel bad, Frank is such an amazing guy and he deserves so much better than what he's got. He loves the world so much even though all it ever seems to do is beat him down. He deserves more, I wish he could get better."

Jamia stared at the little heart shaped necklace for a minute longer before pulling away.

"I do want to get a new charm for my bracelet," she said.

Gerard looked at her bracelet and saw three other charms. One was a little leaf, one was a music note and the last was a little heart.

"Ooh, the little panda is so cute," Gerard said. "Pandas are probably my favorite animals, especially the little babies. They are just so precious."