THIRTY-SIX

I couldn’t contain myself. I threw my hands around him and gave him the biggest hug over. Gosh! I squeezed him so hard he complained “You’ll kill me if you don’t let me go, Hazel.”

I pulled away from him and looked into his blue eyes and the joy I felt at that moment was unspeakable. I had never felt so happy and contented in my entire life.

“Oh Logan, I’m so sorry I behaved the way I did when you were going to London, I’m so sorry I didn’t give you my support then. I know I caused the accident and my guilt has been killing me ever since.” I said in one breath and the guys just laughed.

“It’s okay baby.” He said and hugged me again.

“Group hug!” Clay exclaimed and they ran to join us in the hug.

It felt so good this time and I felt tears of joy rolling down my cheeks.

Marc and Clay left us and Logan and I hugged for a very long time.

“Don’t cry Hazel” he said with his face in my hair.

“They are tears of joy, Logan. I’m so happy you have regained your memory.”

He pulled away from me and looked at my face “How happy are you?”

I laughed. “Oh Logan, you have no idea. I want to jump and scream and shout and…. God, I’m super excited.”

He laughed too and sat on the bed and I sat beside him.

I looked at Marc and Clay; they had known that Logan had regained his memory before me. “How did you guys know?”

Clay spoke up. “We woke up earlier than some people, so we knew before some people.” 

“Ha ha, so funny”

I heard my phone ringing and Marc passed it to me. “Why are you with my phone Marc?”

“Pick your call Michele.”

It was dad’s call.

“Good morning to you dad!” I exclaimed.

“Someone’s in a good mood this morning.”

“Yup” I eyed Logan as I said it and he leaned over to give me a peck on the cheek.

“Why is that Elle?”

I couldn’t control myself. I screamed into the phone, “Logan remembers me dad!!” I heard his and mum’s laughter and I knew that the phone was on speaker.

“Are you kidding me Elle?”

“Of course not dad, I’m dead serious. He’s here now and he can’t just stop smiling at me.”

I heard their belly laughter and joined them in it. “I’m so happy dad.”

“I know you are darling. You know, your mum and I were actually saying it was high time he remembered you. We were planning to hit his head continuously against the wall till he remembered.”

I looked at Logan and giggled “Mmm-hmmm”

“Also Elle, tell Logan that he’s gonna repay you the days you’ve spent crying over him. No one messes with my daughter, Michele Harmon!”

“Yes sir” I saluted like he was there and we both laughed. “Good bye dad, I’ll be home by noon, I am starved.”

“Okay darling, you’ll meet a hot plate of food and a prepared bath once you get home. Take care child.” he said and hung up.

Marc, Clay and Logan were staring at me when I hung up “What?”

Clay chuckled “You were smiling all through the call, why?” I ignored his question.

I turned to Logan and my smile seized. “What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“Really Logan, you don’t know what is wrong? What’s wrong is that you forgot me. You remembered everyone and not me. Do you know the pain I passed through? Even Elise! Gosh, you remembered Elise, you even moaned over her in front of me. You …”