PROLOGUE.

The Auditorium,
Whitneyville High.
September 21, 2015.

I folded my legs under me as I sat down on the auditorium's stage. Logan sat beside me while Clay was standing with his hands in his pockets across us. He was staring at me in his usual awkward way and all I could do was smile.

"What's it this time?" I asked

"Nothing, I was only thinking" he said smiling.

I gave him a questioning look that made him burst out in laughter.
"Okay, no need to stress it. I was just thinking about you and Logan. You know the dating stuff after all these while of pretending."

Logan coughed and Clay kept his mouth shut. "I hope you still remember that I'm here?" Logan asked

"Of course I do, why would I forget that?" he made a face and looked away.

Logan smiled at me, and I smiled back, then, I rested my head on his shoulder. The auditorium then became so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

The school's auditorium was so large, one of the biggest in Miami I guess. Plays, musicals and so many performances were presented on the stage while the whole school will take their seats as audience to watch. The school had planned on hosting a competition in December where students from so many schools including ours would present their acts for full. . .

Oh my God! The competition, that's why we were here.

"What the hell is keeping Marc and Claire?" I asked angrily.

"Cool down sis, you can't put the blame on us. We have no idea what is delaying them" Clay spoke in his usual calm tone.

"I don't know if I'm the only one but, I'm suspecting there's something going on between those two" I stated still angry. Clay and Logan exchanged looks then they both started laughing.
"What's funny?" I asked trying to maintain my angry face no matter how contagious Clay's laughter may be sometimes.

"Please forgive my manners, I forgot that you were always the first person to get the news" Clay said ironically.

"Ha ha, so funny" I stood up and looked down at Logan "Spill, now!" I demanded.

He tried his best to control his laughter but I could still see them in his blue eyes. "There's no need to get angry hon, it's just that Clay and I are surprised that you didn't know about Marc and Claire." He said in a very tender way that made my anger go as quickly as it came.

"I can't believe this. You guys were supposed to tell me."

"We just did" Clay whispered but I ignored him.

"Claire was supposed to tell me. I mean, we are very close, we tell each other everything."

Logan got up and he slid an arm around my shoulders "It's nothing to be worried about. Maybe she was planning on telling you today."

"Yeah maybe."

The auditorium became silent again. I went back to my position on the floor and picked out my chemistry home work from my bag. I had to do something to clear my mind. Logan brought his phone out of his pocket, and in a short while began moving it like he was playing a game. One of those car racing games I guessed. Ugh. Disgusting!

"Hello guys!" Claire exclaimed as she walked towards us almost making my heart jump out of my chest.

"My God Claire, you just startled me!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry darling, I won't do it again" she said putting her hand on my cheeks.

I tried to look at her in a very disgusting manner but, it was so impossible. Her soft brown eyes were looking directly into mine, I couldn't look away. She was as beautiful as usual with her wavy blond hair which was almost to her waist and her high cheek bones with pink blush scattered around her cheeks. Real beauty indeed.