"You spent a month there yet you haven't even uttered a word about your treatment there, the Alpha the, cell."

". . .I fear you may not like what I have to say. I rather save it for another day." I say softly not wanting to give away any of my emotions to him. Is this really how it must be between us? We were so much closer than this before. How can I hope he would be understanding in sparing my mate if he already feels this way about them. I can't even broach the subject with him now.

I see him sit behind the desk of the old Alpha. His black eyes are the same along with his silver hair. . .I only wish that he has time to change unlike his father. "You seem to have something on your mind. Come here." I obey absently and bend down to continue to listen to him.

"I always have worries. . .this position is one of them."

"It shouldn't be." He grabs onto the collar of my shirt and pulls me closer to him. "I trust you and only you with my life. You've always been a good friend and even greater advisor. . .I hope you'll put all doubts aside and take this on full heartedly. I can't do this without you."

"I'll do my best. . .Isaac." He smiles at this and decides to let me go. His father always hated the affection his favorite son had always shown me. By being his future there was only so much separating he could do. Eventually we grew attached to one another, but even then he didn't allow us to be together alone thinking that I may take advantage of his 'sweet boy' or better yet, corrupt him.

"Any other worries?"

I shake my head. "We've known each other far too long to not realize when the other is lying.What else is troubling you?" He presses the palm of his hand on my cheek waiting for my answer. Instead of answering I kiss his hand as I take it from my cheek as a sign of loyalty, fealty, and trust. "Just you, Isaac."

"I'm fine. . .don't take the words I said out of anger for face value. I kept you here for far too long. Why don't you go visit Tristan and the others. I'll like to have words with Archer and Manuel alone." He takes his hand away from me and stares off into the window. "You're dismissed."

I nod and take my much needed time away from him. He was beginning to suffocate me. Whether from grief or madness. . .I could not tell. As soon as I leave out the building I someone tackles me to the ground showering me with kisses on my forehead, cheeks, and even my lips. By the feel of them I can already tell who it is. Her scent sealed my ideas. "Kenzie!" I say trying not to laugh as she covers her lips with mine again.

Another thing the other territories tend to forget about us. . .we're very open with expressing ourselves within our close circles. "Pierce. . .I am so happy you're back. . .so happy." She wraps her arms around my neck leaving me to hug her back.

I kiss her cheek lightly and smile. "I missed you too Kenzie. . .I promised you I would be back didn't I?"

"You did." She says happily while snuggling her head in my chest. I press my lips into her hair hugging a little tighter with each second that goes by. If anyone, I missed this girl way too much. If anyone I know she'll understand.

"I have a lot of things to talk to you about."

"Oh Goddess. . .your wounds. . .the prison." I shake my head as I rise from the grass. ". . .That's the very thing I'd like to discuss with you."

"And Gabriel. Oh my Goddess Gabriel he came back. He's back." Her voice is on the verge of tears and I just don't have it in me to shatter her hopes. Gabriel is back. . .but he isn't the same and she'll soon find that out the moment she speaks to him. My eyes fall away from hers as I see her eyes glittering with fresh tears.