•Forty Five•

****

****

The next morning I'm awaken by the bright sun shining in my face. I look over at my curtains that are wide open. I turn over in my bed and noticed that I was alone. Dustin was gone just like he said he would be. I sigh as I move my messy hair from out of my face.

Downstairs in the kitchen my father kisses me on my forehead while handing me a piece of toast. My father seriously needs to start taking cooking classes so that he can make better breakfast meals. I think that'll be the best thing for him to do, plus he might find a girlfriend while he's at it.

At school I see Jonas hanging out with some skateboards by the bike rack. He notices me and comes skateboarding up beside me, he even does a cool trick for me too.

 He notices me and comes skateboarding up beside me, he even does a cool trick for me too

"Wassup, Annalise." He greets, resting his elbow on my shoulder.

"Hey."

"What happened to you yesterday? You weren't at lunch or in the hallways."

"Oh uh, yeah about that, I got sick! Yep that's it, I got really sick." Shamefully I lie to Jonas' face.

"I know your lying but I'm just going to pretend like I believe you."

I giggle as Jonas playfully ruffles the top of my hair up. I smack him in the chest childishly and tried to trip him off his skateboard but he doesn't fall off at all unfortunately.

"I'll see you later Jonas." I say, as I'm about to walk in the school buildings.

"Alright see you later Kentucky!" He said then skateboards away.

-
-

I make it through first and second period smoothly. Even though both of the classes were awkwardly quiet because everyone was shocked to see me. I still can't believe people thought I was murdered. I was only gone for like a month and a half. It is so crazy how things work around here.

In chemistry class, everyone was also acting like I was some unknown species of some sorts. I start to ignore all of them once I see Dustin sitting in the back of the classroom waiting for me. For once he is actually not sitting far away from my chair - he is actually sitting right next to mine.
As I sit down I hear some of the students gasp. I roll my eyes at them and proceeded to get ready for class.