•Chapter Two•

The next morning was my first day of me being at my new school. My dad dropped me off twenty minutes before the first period bell rung, which was quite embarrassing because I fresh meat at this school. I look stupid walking around the halls without a clue in where I am going, plus this new school is quite bigger than my old school.

Back in Kentucky, before school would start, Chelsea and I would always stop by the local corner store in town and buy a ton of snacks to eat throughout the school day. I wish I could still do that but no - my dad doesn't want me walking to school anymore. He'd rather drive me to school like I'm still in elementary school. I am literally almost eighteen years old, what the hell is his problem?

Outside the school office building I read my schedule carefully while I walked around trying to find my stupid locker number.
For my first class of the day I have world history, which I fucking HATE. I would skip that class but I've decided to be a good student today. It is always good to make a great first impression.

Eventually I find my locker - but suddenly I'm startled when I hear a loud ringing noise coming from the intercoms, that meant school had just started. I slam my locker like all of the other students do and walk off to class.
Entering my world history classroom I go to the teacher who is a elderly woman that looks like she's been working at this school since it firstly opened.

The lady looks up at me through her foggy glasses
"What do you need, darling?" She asked me in a raspy voice. Her voice was deep like a man.

"I'm new to this school. Am I in the correct classroom?"

"Let me see your schedule, sweetheart." She asked holding its dry hand out for me to place my schedule in. I give the woman my schedule. Carefully she placed her glasses on her face correctly and began looking over the fine print. "Alright Miss Peterson, you may go find a seat at a empty desk. You're going to have to share a text book with whoever is sitting next to you until I'm able to get you your own."

I take my schedule from the teacher "Yes ma'am." I said, then began looking for a desk to sit at.

The first four rows are all filled up which is perfect because I don't want to be anywhere near that old woman, so I simply decide to take a seat in the last row in the back of the classroom.

-
-

Two classes later I'm in chemistry. I already know I am going to like this class because I enjoy science.
After the teacher greets me and checks my schedule, she tells me to have a seat by someone who doesn't have a lab partner.
Most of the students stare at me as I walk down the row of tables searching for an empty space. In the back of the classroom again I notice an empty table with nobody sitting there. I quickly sit down at the table and began getting comfortable.

About twelve minutes in the lecture the front door of the classroom opens wide with lots of force. Some of the students in the room jump in their seats. I sit still in my chair with a confused look. The class gets quiet immediately as a boy walks in the room wearing all black clothing.

To me he seemed like your average emo kid at every school, with his oversized hoodie covering half of his face. The boy walked swiftly up to the teachers desk he slammed a small piece of paper on her desk. My eyes grew wide when he turns to walk toward where I am sitting.

This must be his seat.

When the boy inched closer and closer to his seat he paused along the way. My mouth began to get dry for some strange reason, not quite sure why exactly. I couldn't see his face, but I knew it was probably pale and expressionless. I wasn't not sure what to do - am I suppose to say hello to him or do I just get up and find another seat. Unfortunately before I could even make up my decision, the teacher yells something from across the room at the boy.